Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 14 2009 Discussion and Fantasy League

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Bulls win by five in the opening match of the round. Great performance on defence from the Bulls and with Morne Steyn to guide them around the field and kick penalties, they're certainly looking like a title contender. Having Matfield back in the forthcoming weeks is hardly going to weaken their side either...

The match was ruined by Matt Goddard though IMO. Six yellow cards (of which two went to the same player, one of the Bulls' flankers, who was then red carded) was ridiculous. Not sure whether he was trying to prove a point but it just got to the stage that it was excessive and detracted from the match being played. The Bulls' flanker who got the red card fully deserved it - and in fact his spear tackle on Conrad Smith may have been worthy of a straight red anyway - while Eaton's stomping on Bakkies Botha probably warranted a ten minute spell as well. The other four, however, were pedantic decisions and unnecessary. The supporters want to watch rugby being played, not a referee who thinks hes the main attraction - and Goddard was certainly trying to steal the limelight this evening.
    Yeah, Goddard ruined the game big time.

Canes really did **** up though, botched two 'easy' try scoring opportunities and always made the wrong choice of trying to take on the Bulls in the middle of the park when they should use their strength and go wide.

Botha and Dinosaur were immense for the Bulls.

Blues getting owned. Sivivatu seems to have waken up after a couple of years in hibernation.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Bulls to win the comp, been saying it for weeks.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Blues getting owned. Sivivatu seems to have waken up after a couple of years in hibernation.
    Yep dominant stuff from the Chiefs, their backline was sensational tonight against a Blues side that really had no answer to the Chiefs' attacking play. Hard to believe that the Blues secured 70% of territory yet managed to conceed more than 60 points.

Good win for the Crusaders over the Tahs too, its certainly not the Crusaders of old but to win in Sydney is a fair effort. And a fairly predictable victory for the Highlanders earlier this evening, even though they managed to trail at halftime to the last placed Cheetahs.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Crusaders didn't win at the SFS though

Tah's played badly, managed to stuff up soo many chances, literally running into each other
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

State Regular
    Gyroball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    Crusaders didn't win at the SFS though

Tah's played badly, managed to stuff up soo many chances, literally running into each other

Still a loss in Sydney, doesn't matter where you play . The most annoying thing is how the commentators and even those writing the match report stressed it was the first game at ANZ stadium when the Waratahs have played there before and got trashed 51-10 in a semi final iirc. Sure the stadium wasn't named ANZ back then was I think Telstra but even so was still the same ground.

As for the Tah's playing badly, I think it was more then that, I honestly think the Crusaders outplayed the Waratahs.

Good win by the Sharks. They were really flat first half but the big boys turned on after the break and once they got infront with their defence it was mission impossible for the men in pink.

I've had a mare this week with the predications and just watch the Lions take down the Brumbies now.

Good win by the Sharks. They were really flat first half but the big boys turned on after the break and once they got infront with their defence it was mission impossible for the men in pink.

I've had a mare this week with the predications and just watch the Lions take down the Brumbies now.

Haha - biggest upset of the competition so far IMO (closely followed by the Reds upsetting the Sharks). Didn't watch either of the games in Perth or Jo'burg so I'll watch the highlights tonight and try and determine what went wrong for the Brumbies.

State Regular
    Gyroball Champion!
    In short, ball handling. We dropped far too much ball and made soft errors causing tries against us. We never seem to play well in South Africa and we don't seem to play too well under Kaplan either, despite Kaplan having a reasonable game in charge. Had a feeling we'd lose once results earlier in the day were falling our way (Waratahs losing, Blues losing, Hurricanes losing the night before). Often happens that we get a favourable week then find a way to blow it. Inconsistency hurts in such a short competition, lucky it was only the Lions and it was an away game. Credit to the Lions though, they responded well to the unusual week they've had.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by cometer View Post
    Still a loss in Sydney, doesn't matter where you play . The most annoying thing is how the commentators and even those writing the match report stressed it was the first game at ANZ stadium when the Waratahs have played there before and got trashed 51-10 in a semi final iirc. Sure the stadium wasn't named ANZ back then was I think Telstra but even so was still the same ground.

As for the Tah's playing badly, I think it was more then that, I honestly think the Crusaders outplayed the Waratahs.
    Yes it is still a loss in Sydney but the grounds are quite different in terms of atmosphere and it is not their home ground.

If the Crusaders had outplayed the Tahs they would have put on 40 points. The Tah's definately lost that match rather than the Crusaders winning it.

State Regular
    Gyroball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    Yes it is still a loss in Sydney but the grounds are quite different in terms of atmosphere and it is not their home ground.

If the Crusaders had outplayed the Tahs they would have put on 40 points. The Tah's definately lost that match rather than the Crusaders winning it.
    They lost to the Crusaders at the SFS the last time they hosted at their usual home ground anyway if my memory serves me correctly.

Considering the amount of players the Crusaders had unavailable or no longer playing from last season, it was quite an inexperienced side and not as likely to put 40pts on the board as in previous seasons, especially away from home against a NSW side that rarely concedes 40pts even when they're not playing well. In saying that the Waratahs attack has been pretty appalling this season (not that I care too much as I don't like them anyway).

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Fixtures for this weekend:

Blues v Waratahs
    Higlanders v Bulls
    Crusaders v Stormers
    Reds v Cheifs
    Sharks v Brumbies
    Lions v Hurricanes

Cheetahs face off with the Force in the battle of the Pub Run.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Blues v Waratahs
    Higlanders v Bulls
    Crusaders v Stormers
    Reds v Cheifs
    Sharks v Brumbies
    Lions v Hurricanes

Sorry forgot about posting this week's fixtures, thanks for doing those Ripper.

Blues
    Bulls
    Crusaders
    Chiefs
    Sharks
    Hurricanes

I'll try and find time to add up the points from last week soon.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information