• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Open predictions thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Day ten's matches to predict not posted on the forum yet? Hopefully I've tiped the right matches.

Nadal
Tsonga

Dementieva
S.Williams
Yeah, that's right.

For the others

Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1] vs Gilles Simon (FRA)[6]
Fernando Verdasco (ESP)[14] vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[5]

Yelena Dementyeva (RUS)[4] vs Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP)
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[8] vs Serena Williams (USA)[2]

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)[5]

Yelena Dementyeva (RUS)[4]
Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[8]

Dydl

International Debutant
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]

Serena Williams (USA)[2]

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Answers day nine

Roddick
Federer
Zvonareva
Safina

The gamble on Roddick paid off. Thought Nole was out of form.

The Glaswegian fails to tip and falls to fourth last.

Håkon 258
Jono 255
Simon 254
grecian 252
Brumby 249
Clapo 237
SBI 234
Somerset 232
Wright 219
BI 217
Dydl 211
NUFAN 203
altoz 202
Liam 200
ripper 125
luffy 88
sanga 69

Note that day 11 will be women's semis (I think), so won't be ready until evening Aussie time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]

Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP)
Serena Williams (USA)[2]

Trying for a Hail Mary with Navarro.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
AWTA

Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[8] vs Serena Williams (USA)[2]

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]
Fernando Verdasco (ESP)[14]

Serena Williams (USA)[2]

Johnners

Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]
Verdasco

Serena Williams (USA)[2]

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach

Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)[8] vs Serena Williams (USA)[2

biased indian

International Coach
lol the dementieva match has already finished.
only woke up @ 7.45 AM in the morning ....this is what i did first thing in the morning :mellow:

sure now that Mr strict hakon wont consider it ...any way i had no idea when the games was starting had a impression that all was starting only afternoon..and Australian open timing sucks....hakon wont post the match up by the time i go to sleep and by the time i am awake the game have already finished :@

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe we should implement a rule where if you don't pick and fail to indicate that you won't be able to pick by the time the matches start, you get default picks (so the favourite for each match) but then half the points you would've earnt - so at least you'll score something but not enough to make it an unfair advantage over those who did pick.

Last edited:

Johnners

Sounds to complicated a system. The only way it could work is by giving people who forget/don't get them in on time the same score as the lowest scorer on the day. Wouldn't be able to start doing that now though as those who forgot in the earlier stages would obvs be disadvantaged.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds to complicated a system. The only way it could work is by giving people who forget/don't get them in on time the same score as the lowest scorer on the day. Wouldn't be able to start doing that now though as those who forgot in the earlier stages would obvs be disadvantaged.
Something like that would work just as well, and I agree would be easier. At the moment, missing one day's picks basically rules you out of contention of a reasonable position on the table, so was just making a suggestion. :)

biased indian

International Coach
Something like that would work just as well, and I agree would be easier. At the moment, missing one day's picks basically rules you out of contention of a reasonable position on the table, so was just making a suggestion. :)
i have already missed 2 days already and make it half matches for 3rd as well :(

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not sure what's played and what's not but here it is:

Rafael Nadal (ESP)[1]

Serena Williams (USA)[2]