Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketweb's Virtual NRL 2009

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar

Cricketweb's Virtual NRL 2009

Hey Guys
    As mentioned in the NRL thread as VNRL is 95% not running this year I'm attempting to set up our own league on Cricketweb. James has already agreed to give us a subforum for the game inside the Sports forum so thats a good start.
    I thought we should get it started pretty soon as the drafting process may take a while, depending on how it's done.

Rundown of the rules:
    - Competition will require at least 8 teams, no more than 14 though.
    - Squads will be selected largely by a drafting process, when we get to a set number it will just be signing from there.
    - Players will have set positions, eg someone like Craig Wing will be a Five-Eighth/Halfback/Hooker while someone like Ben Ross will only be a Prop. There will be no player values or salary cap etc...
    - Scoring system is as follows
    4 Points for a try
    2 for a goal (only one gk per week)
    1 for a field goal
    4 for a Forward try (Any variation of 35 tackles or 20 hit ups or a combination of 45 of the both)

Each week we will be required to keep track of our own scores, however if you dont want to or can't I'll be double checking them all at the end of the round anyway.

I have arranged with James to set up the forum in here once there is enough interest. So if you are keen leave your interest here.
    Last edited by Simon; 09-01-2009 at 12:20 AM.

I wouldn't go around advertising that you're using that particular site for your stats. They actually sent me a nasty email just because I used their stats a lot in forum posts...
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I wouldn't go around advertising that you're using that particular site for your stats. They actually sent me a nasty email just because I used their stats a lot in forum posts...
    yeh fair point, didnt put a link for that reason so will edit it out to be sure.

And I'm interested FTR. I never join the CW competition because I'm in a few others, but I always end up regretting it.

Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    yeh fair point, didnt put a link for that reason so will edit it out to be sure.
    I don't know the particular site you're talking about, but unless they run their own fantasy comp? I fail to see what could be so horrendous about people advertising the use of their site...?

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I will be up for as long as I get first shot at all Manly players.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

I'll be in.

1st pick: TONGUEEEEEEE!

I'll be in if you're short of numbers, not liking the "keeping track of own scores" dealy tho. Usually have about half a dozen fantasy teams on the go in the overlap of the English and SH football seasons.

How will the draft work if players don't have a $ value? Who gets first pick?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Will be in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I'm definitely in.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    I don't know the particular site you're talking about, but unless they run their own fantasy comp? I fail to see what could be so horrendous about people advertising the use of their site...?
    They dont like people reproducing their stats, I'll let people know the site over email/msn etc...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    I'll be in if you're short of numbers, not liking the "keeping track of own scores" dealy tho. Usually have about half a dozen fantasy teams on the go in the overlap of the English and SH football seasons.

How will the draft work if players don't have a $ value? Who gets first pick?
    Will be a different draft order for each round randomly worked out, I'll make sure everyone gets a fair chance at having early picks etc...
    R.E keeping track of own scores, its the only way to do it really, as I said if you don't want to do that, I'll be double checking and working out results as we go along anyway.

99*
    In for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    She tells me the thing will flatten out, I say "Like your chest?" Bad mistake.

International Regular
    So we are not doing it on a web-site, we are doing it by selecting our teams then working out the points?

I'm in by the way.

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information