• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's Virtual NRL 2009

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey Guys
As mentioned in the NRL thread as VNRL is 95% not running this year I'm attempting to set up our own league on Cricketweb. James has already agreed to give us a subforum for the game inside the Sports forum so thats a good start.
I thought we should get it started pretty soon as the drafting process may take a while, depending on how it's done.

Rundown of the rules:
- Competition will require at least 8 teams, no more than 14 though.
- Squads will be selected largely by a drafting process, when we get to a set number it will just be signing from there.
- Players will have set positions, eg someone like Craig Wing will be a Five-Eighth/Halfback/Hooker while someone like Ben Ross will only be a Prop. There will be no player values or salary cap etc...
- Scoring system is as follows
4 Points for a try
2 for a goal (only one gk per week)
1 for a field goal
4 for a Forward try (Any variation of 35 tackles or 20 hit ups or a combination of 45 of the both)

Each week we will be required to keep track of our own scores, however if you dont want to or can't I'll be double checking them all at the end of the round anyway.

I have arranged with James to set up the forum in here once there is enough interest. So if you are keen leave your interest here.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wouldn't go around advertising that you're using that particular site for your stats. They actually sent me a nasty email just because I used their stats a lot in forum posts...

Simon

I wouldn't go around advertising that you're using that particular site for your stats. They actually sent me a nasty email just because I used their stats a lot in forum posts...
yeh fair point, didnt put a link for that reason so will edit it out to be sure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And I'm interested FTR. I never join the CW competition because I'm in a few others, but I always end up regretting it.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeh fair point, didnt put a link for that reason so will edit it out to be sure.
I don't know the particular site you're talking about, but unless they run their own fantasy comp? I fail to see what could be so horrendous about people advertising the use of their site...?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll be in if you're short of numbers, not liking the "keeping track of own scores" dealy tho. :-O Usually have about half a dozen fantasy teams on the go in the overlap of the English and SH football seasons.

How will the draft work if players don't have a $ value? Who gets first pick?

Simon

I don't know the particular site you're talking about, but unless they run their own fantasy comp? I fail to see what could be so horrendous about people advertising the use of their site...?
They dont like people reproducing their stats, I'll let people know the site over email/msn etc...

Simon

I'll be in if you're short of numbers, not liking the "keeping track of own scores" dealy tho. :-O Usually have about half a dozen fantasy teams on the go in the overlap of the English and SH football seasons.

How will the draft work if players don't have a $ value? Who gets first pick?
Will be a different draft order for each round randomly worked out, I'll make sure everyone gets a fair chance at having early picks etc...
R.E keeping track of own scores, its the only way to do it really, as I said if you don't want to do that, I'll be double checking and working out results as we go along anyway.

Jakester1288

International Regular
So we are not doing it on a web-site, we are doing it by selecting our teams then working out the points?

I'm in by the way.

Simon

Yeh it will make sense once we get started.

That gives us 10 players by my count, as I said earlier wouldnt like anymore than 14 teams, 10 is a good number 12 would be ideal.

Simon
Prince EWS
Clapo
Chaminda_00
Luffy
Brumby (Maybe)
Pinchy81
Mister Wright
99*
Jakester

luffy

International Captain
Will we basically just start the draft as soon as we have the 12 teams you have mentioned?

And I reckon we should do the drafting process like what you do with WCC, as in everyone sends in their picks according to the position they are selecting from.

Simon

Will we basically just start the draft as soon as we have the 12 teams you have mentioned?

And I reckon we should do the drafting process like what you do with WCC, as in everyone sends in their picks according to the position they are selecting from.
Yeh thats what I'd be looking at, however I would want to run two rounds at a time most likely so two seperate lists would be required. Theres no rush really as the season is some time away.
I'll probably release the player list on monday and then give people a few days to find the faults, e.g missing players, incorrect positions etc... and then go from there.

luffy

International Captain
Sounds like a good plan than. :)

Also, would there be a possibility of a transfer system? As in, say if someone wants to get rid of a player, they can trade it for another players player that they don't want?