• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb's Virtual NRL 2009

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds like a good plan than. :)

Also, would there be a possibility of a transfer system? As in, say if someone wants to get rid of a player, they can trade it for another players player that they don't want?
Yeh there will be transfers throughout the season, if someone is out of form/injured or you just plain dont like them anymore you can swap them for players who arent currently in anyone else's team. Also will allow trading between managers up until about 5 or 6 weeks before finals.

Simon

oh also if you have already dumped a player during the season you cannot trade them back in at all.

Simon

Have asked James to set up the forum when he gets a chance, when that is done I'll release the preliminary squad list for people to find faults with etc...

Simon

Yeh you can be in, James is pretty busy at the moment so I'm not going to bother him about the forum, hopefully he will set it up soon.

Simon

Hey guys I've decided not to run this comp, probably didn't quite get the numbers I was after, also the problem with obtaining stats might have been problematic in the future. Also not convinced everyone would have stayed active until the end which is essential in this sort of competition. Sorry.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Oh well.

Hopefully someone else will have the time or we could run it off a web-site rather than doing it ourselves.

Simon

I'm sure sportal, foxsports etc... will have their inferior ones as usual which we can enter.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll run something like Virtual NRL, but not so time consuming nor complicated.

Basically, this is how it will run.

1. We'll organise how many players we have then set up a draw.
2. Players will go head to head each week and a points table will be conducted after each round, with wins/losses/draws and for and against.

What will happen is each week you will pick a team and get their score for that round, against the team your opponent has chosen.

For eg. let's say player 1 chooses Melbourne and Player 2 chooses Easts.
Melbourne score 16 & Easts score 22 - Player 2 would win, even though Melbourne may have won their game and Easts may have lost theirs.

The choosing of teams will be much like last man standing, where if you have chosen 1 team, you can't choose them again until you have chosen all the teams. It will add a bit more strategy to the games.

If you're interested in playing something like this, please state your interest in here. May need some help with checking of tables etc, but will let you know as time draws near. Any questions, feel free to ask.

Mister Wright

So far:

Team 1: Mister Wright
Team 2: Simon
Team 3: Alternative
Team 4: Pinchy81
Team 5: Jakester1288
Team 6: BoyBrumby
Team 7: chaminda_00
Team 8: 99*
Team 9: Luffy
Team 10: .matt

Max = 16.

Last edited:

Johnners

Just don't like the idea tbh. Like the challenge of having to make my own team with players from all teams.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'll give it a go. Although I should warn you that the Last Man Standing share holders will expect a royalty from any profits... :p

Think I might just stick to a sportal or foxsports comp this season.
If you set up a league I'll be in it.