• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2008 in Sport

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Well, the year's coming to a close, so I thought I'd start a sports review thread.

Basically the idea is that you post about what you'll remember from 2008 in sport, it doesn't have to be the biggest, most famous things, but the ones that you'll remember. A good idea might be the 5 people you'll remember specifically...

I'm gonna use pictures, but you can write about them too...

Chase Utley

Ryan Howard

Cole Hamels

Adrian Mutu

Usain Bolt

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Of those people, I've only heard of Adrian Mutu. And that's only because he got the boot from some ****ty club for taking non-prescription drugs. A sad year for sport if a convicted drugs abuser provides a highlight of the year. In many sports, he would have been banned for life.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Todd Carney - Probably for the wrong reasons, so much wasted talent.

Roger Federer - Winning the U.S open when everyone said he was a spent force.

Jason Krejza - May be pretty ordinary in general but 12 wickets on test debut is reasonable for mine.

Israel Folau - Signing for the Broncos, he'd want to be good considering what hes getting.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Ajantha Mendis - The greatest thing since slice bread or more commonlu known as Muttiah Muralitharan

Manly win NRL Grand Final (Y)

Manchester United win the double

FC United win the playoff

NSW win the Pura Cup

Good year all round for my teams (Y)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Jennison Myrie-Williams

Ian Moore

James Anderson

Ryan Sidebottom

Last, but not least, Tony 'you can't see me' Kay

Langeveldt

Soutie

Smith - Emerging into quite a human being

2008 was not the year of the Bull :(

Don't really get excited about F1, but it's nice that there is a British champion in some amazing circumstances

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Chris Hoy, the big fella. GB's first ever triple gold medallist in a single Olympiad and has remained seemingly unaffected by it all. When invited by a journalist to tell us "What does Chris Hoy think of Chris Hoy?" he replied, "Chris Hoy thinks that the day Chris Hoy refers to Chris Hoy in the third person is the day that Chris Hoy disappears up his own arse." :cool: Legend.

John Terry's priceless penalty miss. The margin between success and failure is sometimes just a proper ****ing set of studs.

Theo Walcott. A hat-trick in Zagreb, thank you very much, 18 months of tiresome Croatian triumphalism rings that little bit more hollow AND...

..as Fabio Capello himself shows it was a big "**** you" to Mr Bilic, the shiny-suited, earring wearing ponce. :ph34r:

Not a classic year for English rugby, but Richard Wigglesworth's try ensured we did turn over Johnny Frenchy at his own place for the first time since 2000.