• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Rugby XV

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
After it being mentioned in the big/small little/tall thread, what would a hypothetical CW XV look like?

So be honest, only those that would play a contact game of Union should put their names down.

Im a League guy but Ill use Union as more are familiar and we can get by with less athleticism in Union :)

Put your name, height, weight and list 3 possible positions (try and be realistic about where you have played before and put the most favourible first)

Lets see if we can form a team out of what is available.

Kev Gough. 6'1" 105 kgs. (1) Fullback, (2) Wing, (3) Centre

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Evidently not! :)
Haha, i played rugby for seven years at school despite my chronic midgetry.

Shane Williams, 2008 IRB International Rugby Player of the Year.

Height 5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)
Weight 12 st 8 lb (80 kg)

Two and a half more stone and i have the build of the world's number one :cool:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rugby was the only sport I was any better than "all right" at, mainly because being big with a tendancy to violence is a virtue. Played district and county in my youth. Still have the scars on my knuckles from me twatting an opposing hooker in a bit of afters.

As a kid I used to play lock (I was 6' tall by the age of 13), but, as my bollocks dropped at a precociously early age, I hardly grew any more after then and consequently moved back thru the scrum to no.8 & then blindside flanker.

Played league at uni (pretty hard to avoid in Hull), mainly at prop and second row. It's a far less technical game than the senior code, but you do need to be much fitter cardio-vascularly speaking. It's pretty relentless.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Play as either blindside flanker or in the centres if they are short in the back depo. I've never really been anything more than OK/Decent at rugby, I do enjoy playing though, I just prioritise (sp?) Hockey over it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I played wing for six years because i could run fast and was hard to get hands on. I then moved to full back for a year after finally deciding it might be a good idea to tackle sometimes and having a stylish but not-overly-useful Dan Parks-esque kick action which led coaches to overestimate my kicking ability.

I was never much good, bar the odd wonder-try that quick tiny people always come out with on occasion. I went to a massive rugby school who win the Ulster schools cup nearly every year but i spent the whole time in the middle-ish teams feeling a bit pissed off that i was never given the option to play football.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
183-5cm, depending on flats or heels. About 70kg currently. Guess winger, or something.

Never played rugby in a league or anything, just with mates after school or during school when we could get away with it (tackling of any sort was banned). Good times.

99*

International Debutant
6'6 and 230 lbs.

Played #8 at high school and can play in the centres if need be.

ripper868

International Coach
ripper868 - 181cms, 75 kgs
1)Halfback 2) Fullback 3) Flanker

Still feel that we could get a decent team....if not skillwise at least shapewise

Brumby for coach

ripper868

International Coach
The Team so far:

1. Jamee999
4. Nufan
5. BoyBrumby
6. PhoenixFire
7. Perm
8. 99*
9. ripper868
10. Voltman
11. NZTailender
12. Somerset
13. HeathDavisSpeed
14. Uppercut
15. Goughy

Could play in a Tens Tournament (or sevens with 3 reserves)

EDIT: Heath in based on this:
About 1.85m and 85kg. Lost about 5kg thanks to Aussie Rules of late. Could probably do with losing another 5-15kg, but not too bad. I'm at the top end of "Normal BMI", but at least its normal!
and being a kiwi

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Second five it is, HDS hasnt nominated an actual position, just threw him where i figured he'd fit.