• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harlequins v Stade Francais

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I have just watched possibly the best 20 minutes of any neutral sporting event of the season. Stade 17-16 up into stoppage time: Quins have 29 (yes, 29) constant phases of play - three or four times coming up inches short of the tryline, crossing to and fro across the field, before Nick Evans hits a drop goal from fully 35 yards that creeps over by feet at most.

Unbelievable drama.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I have just watched possibly the best 20 minutes of any neutral sporting event of the season. Stade 17-16 up into stoppage time: Quins have 29 (yes, 29) constant phases of play - three or four times coming up inches short of the tryline, crossing to and fro across the field, before Nick Evans hits a drop goal from fully 35 yards that creeps over by feet at most.

Unbelievable drama.
Something wrong with the Rugby thread? :ph34r:

But yeah, fair play to Quins, the decision going to the TMO was pure theatre. Depressing how good Evans looks tho, really. He left NZ for The Stoop because he couldn't get a regular gig with the ABs.

Interesting also to see another expensive league convert (Gasnier) dumped out on the wing.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harlequins :cool:

Our Hangzhou rugby team is named after them, and our kit is basically a rip off of their second XV jersey, so officially supporting them.

Langeveldt

Soutie

Unbelievable drama.
Yeah it was awesome.. To think people criticize Rugby Union

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In terms of the regular excitement of matches, the Heineken Cup is possibly the best sporting competition in the world. Very, very rarely does it disappoint, unlike its international or footballing equivalents. My personal favourite match was this absolute thriller, anyone remember it?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It was showing on ESPN last night, I however had just seen the highlights. Saw Gasnier's drop ball, did he have a bad game overall?