• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
WBA

Villa are the whiniest set of supporters you could ever meet, in my experience. Non-stop moaning I got from two stood next to me when Villa played City, "Houghton's slow", "Staunton doesn't cross the ball enough", FFS you should be watching Mark Gavin and Ronnie Robinson every week you moaning *****. 90 minutes of that, plus half-time. They beat us too, Bosnich saved really well from Storer at 0-0. Glad he turned into a drug-addled ****-up TBH. On phone-ins they are terriblly whingey. O'Neill's brand of football is neanderthal and dull, as well IMHO. Seen it all before..

Umm, yeah reasons to like WBA, err I think it was one of their players who said "You've seen one wall, you've seen them all", when declining to go to see the Great wall on a tour of China.

Oh and Laurie Cunningham could play a bit.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Villa. WBA are painful to watch this season, Villa i'm cheering on in the hope they can break the top four. O'Neill's a legend too.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Cardiff, Chelsea, Juventus, Aston Villa - I'm not sure which battles are still running so just ignore my votes for battles that have finished.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Cardiff - Because they beat Arsenal in an FA cup final (1927) which is something that Exeter haven't managed

WBA - Provided us with captain marvel Bryan Robson the 1st player to lift 3 FA Cups at Wembly (83, 85 and 90 all with Man Utd) as well as Villa stealing a playter from us in the early 90's (Mark Bosnich) who didn't qualify for a work permit by getting him to marry a Brit just so he could qualify for a work permit

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Juve and WBA.
Cardiff, Chelsea, Juventus, Aston Villa - I'm not sure which battles are still running so just ignore my votes for battles that have finished.
I called both the Chav & Juve ties early as they were 10 behind. But no harm, no foul.

Anyway, Exeter finally emerge victorious against Cardiff by 14-12. Genuinely surprised Cardiff got 12 votes, but rather less so that none came from within the British Isles. They really do have the nastiest, scummiest, stabbiest fans out there. Hard team to warm to.

Villa currently lead The Albion by 11-8, but the tie remains in progress. So people who haven't yet voted still can. Ok? :p

Next up:

17. Queensland Roar v 18. Partick Thistle

The pride of QLD take on steds's minor sweaty team.