• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Norwayanese maestros have too much for the Chavs & are 15-4 ahead, so I'm calling it. Would've backed Bodø/Glimt myself, obv.

Exeter hold a surprisingly narrow 11-8 advanatge as we approach half-time in the other tie.

Next up:

13. Juventus v 14. Hannover 96

The old lady of Italian football faces the Mitchell-endorsed Germans.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hannover. If I had any principles I should hate the Fiat-doped (and quite possibly ordinarily doped, and corrupt, and whatnot) Juve.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hum, more anti-Juve feeling than i'd have thought. Moggi isn't even there anymore.

Nevertheless, Hannover for me. Underdogs.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hannover 96 - Too many Italians in Juventus squad, not a fan of French man Trezeguet either. The only saving grace is Pavel Nevded, he's pretty gun.

Hannover was also established well before Juve 1896 vs 1897.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Norwayanese maestros have too much for the Chavs & are 15-4 ahead, so I'm calling it. Would've backed Bodø/Glimt myself, obv.

Exeter hold a surprisingly narrow 11-8 advanatge as we approach half-time in the other tie.

Next up:

13. Juventus v 14. Hannover 96

The old lady of Italian football faces the Mitchell-endorsed Germans.
Voting Cardiff in that battle.

Juventus in the second one.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
11-1 to Hannover, so that's a wrap, people. Would've gone the same way myself.

The Grecians now hold a 14-9 advantage, but the tie looks like going the distance.

Next up:

15. WBA v 16. Aston Villa

The randomiser makes a genuine midlands derby for your consideration.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Aston Villa.

One of my favourite EPL clubs.

They play a terrific brand of football - Really enjoy watching the likes of Agbonlahor and Young.

Really hope they finish the year in the top 4.