• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Both ties are 13-6 to FC St Pauli & Sporting Lisbon respectively with two and a half hours to go so I'm calling them. Vic's & steds's votes not counting because they only voted on one tie.

I'd personally have gone for both losers this time; Victory because I suspect they'd start as underdogs & Hartlepool for the same reason.

Next up:

9. Cardiff City v 10. Exeter

11. FK Bodø/Glimt v 12. Chelsea

We have our first all-British affair as the Grecian cross Offa's Dyke to face the Bluebirds & our Samuel's plucky Norwayanese battlers face Uncle Roman's pet folly.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not sure who to go in the first one, but will vote Exeter for ginger love.

FK Bodø/Glimt ins the second.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
9. Cardiff City v 10. Exeter

11. FK Bodø/Glimt v 12. Chelsea

Cardriff City for Tony Vidmar connection and well Bodø/Glimt as well it is against Chelsea.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Exeter and Bozo/Glimt

Would vote a negative for Cardiff if I could, but I'd only upset those out there who don't like the hard, stone cold negative voting methodology.

Bodo/Glimt as they have a top name and they're not Chelsea.

luffy

International Captain
Cardiff & Chelsea

Cardiff because I can, and Chelsea because I really don't mind them. The only "top 4" team that I like.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Cardiff and Chelsea.

I don't love Chelsea but I kind of enjoy them keeping clean sheets cause of Fantasy Football.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Victory because I suspect they'd start as underdogs
Much worse than anything I ever said about Australian football, imo. It's akin to saying they'd struggle against Plymouth.

Anyway, here it's Exeter & Glimt, clearly. Attempted to get web radio from the Conference play-off semi last spring, and Glimt, well, it's obvious.

Indipper

State Regular
Cardiff (had a nice CM stint there like 12 years back) & Bodø (hated Chelsea even before I was a Spurs fan)

cpr

International Coach
Exeter, because they're not thugs or Welsh

Glimt, because I have a weakness for Norweigan football, given us Ole and Ronny Johnson, so will always win against a team that just has no moral core (and has Peter Kenyon insisting in 2047 they wont be wasting £100m a year)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Exeter because i played with them on champ manager for a while and Glimt because they're not Chelsea.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Exeter in the first, shocked to see anyone voting for Cardiff whose fans are genuine scumbags, I'd rather have a pint with Millwall fans than that bunch of lowlives.

FK Bodø/Glimt in the second, because, well, why would I vote for Chelsea?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
How on earth anyone can possibly vote Cardiff in the first battle is beyond me. They are Welsh. They are Thugs. They are Welsh. They're run by Peter Ridsdale. Oh, and they're Welsh. City til I die.

And Glimt, because they're not Chelsea.