• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Luton & Derby, do you vote, Brumby, or just cast deciding votes? Your reasons for voting tend to be quite interesting.
Casting votes only, but I will say the way I'd have gone if things aren't locked up.

Sydney-Luton currently level at 5 each & the plucky Rams hold a fairly comfortable 7-3 advantage.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sydney & Borisov

Luton are ****e, and have never forgiven Derby for ending John King's time as Tranmere manager

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Everyone who votes for Luton should have a long, hard think about themselves as people IMO, what do you actually offer to society etc?

cpr

International Coach
Sydney FC
BATE Borisov

Lutons just a **** hole, and Derby have Robbie Savage

BoyBrumby

Englishman
POOLS PANEL VERDICT

Number one on your coupon. No-score draw.
Number two on your coupon. Away win.
Nullifies both votes I'm afraid; no Johnny Fence-Sitters here, thank you.

Wouldn't have mattered anyway as the pride of New South Wales Sydney FC defeat the evil Luton Down by 11-9 & Derby County best the east European challenge 12-8. FTR I'd have voted for both winners; Luton, to a child of the 80s, were everything that was wrong with the game: banned away fans, played on a pastic pitch, had a Tory scumbag as chairman &, most gallingly, beat us in the 1988 League Cup final. Derby, despite formerly being owned by Maxwell, are a team I'm indifferent to by and large, but would generally back the English in Yurp, unless the English are evil.

Right, next up:

5. FC St Pauli v 6. Melbourne Victory

7. Sporting Lisbon v 8. Hartlepool

Victoria take on the wacky Germans & Chalky's plucky monkey-hangers face a stiff challenge against the Portuguese giants.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Again going with the Australian side, Melbourne Victory, and also voting for Sporting Lisbon.