• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

Steulen

International Regular
I could never ever vote for Ajax, especially since our idiotic quizmaster decided to give my beloved PSV the boot. You utter, utter, utter...

Tranmere, therefore. Unfortunate that they have G 'n R morons supporting them, but still preferable to Ajax by a fair distance.

And in the CBA Cup my vote goes to inny minny miny moe Newcastle.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, yes. Apologies for the delay. Didn't have access to the Excel doc last night as it's saved on my laptop.

Anyway, firstly it's boing, boing, Baggies, Baggies as West Brom become CW's official Premier League team with a comfortable 11-6 victory over the hapless Geordies.

In the main comp the Dutch challenge comes to an end. After Wellington Phoenix ejected PSV in the previous tie, Tranmere down Ajax by 10-7 to make the semis.

Next up:

5. SV Werder Bremen v 6. FC Barcelona

We go continental in an all-European tie.

And, whilst Sydney FC are CW's favourite Australian team thanks to their creditable 3rd round exit, we have an intriguing battle for the 2nd spot. It's the:

"18 Into 13 Will Go" Silver Didgeridoo

Melbourne Victory v Queensland Roar

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barca. Tactical vote, Werder don't have the support to overcome Wellington.

Melbourne in the second. 23k crowds in an Aussie rules city. (Y) (Yes, I know it's mainly played in the offseason and the Balkans in the city have played football for ages.) Also has Michael Tveit.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barca. Tactical vote, Werder don't have the support to overcome Wellington
8-)

What happened to Bodo/Glimt in this? Did you not nominate them or something or have I missed their appearances (honest question, not a piss take)

Anyway Barcelona and Queensland. No real reason for voting Queensland other than having been to Brisbane more recently than Melbourne and having a bloody good time. Barcelona because I've been to see them.