• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably too late now but you people falling over yourselves to vote for Hannover might wanna know that their supporters are crawling with Nazis.
Didn't stop anyone voting for Celtic tbh.

Tranmere in this battle.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
9-1 to us thus far :D

if we go all the way in this, I'll be ringing the club and getting it put on the honours board with that Welsh Cup win, tbh

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Hannover edge out Cov by 10-6. Would've certainly gone for the latter; as I said before their 1987 FA Cup final win was one of those moments that one wasn't ashamed to openly weep tears of the purest joy over.

Tranmere lead by 10-1, so only need one more vote to secure a 3rd round spot. But the tie is still going.

Joining it is the last of the round of 32 match-ups:

31. Newcastle United v 32. SV Werder Bremen

Everyone's favourite long-running black-and-white situation comedy (no end of season round-up is fully complete without a lingering shot of a Geordie lardster blubbing into his XXXXXL replica shirt) face up to some ruthless German efficiency.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hannover edge out Cov by 10-6. Would've certainly gone for the latter; as I said before their 1987 FA Cup final win was one of those moments that one wasn't ashamed to openly weep tears of the purest joy over.

Tranmere lead by 10-1, so only need one more vote to secure a 3rd round spot. But the tie is still going.

Joining it is the last of the round of 32 match-ups:

31. Newcastle United v 32. SV Werder Bremen

Everyone's favourite long-running black-and-white situation comedy (no end of season round-up is fully complete without a lingering shot of a Geordie lardster blubbing into his XXXXXL replica shirt) face up to some ruthless German efficiency.
Tranmere, I suppose, get it out the way....

Newcastle, because they make me lol, and they're not Germans.

Indipper

State Regular
Oh hey what a draw. I always kinda liked Newcastle, but Werder is the bestest German club outside Halle.

Pothas

Brentford

Used to seeing my team losing and the same has happened here. All I can hope for is that we get promoted so we can actually play Tranmere next season. Sort of mighty fixture I miss in the depths of league 2 but i am confident that we will be back in our historic position next year.

Pothas

In which case we will play you the following season after your relegation. Nothing wrong with being a league one club, Championship is just a little bit too close to the promised land of the Premiership and the misery it brings so many clubs.