• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Barcelona
Barca have already got the nod from biased indian, so you can chose another team if you like.

51 teams in currently. SBI's Harland & Wolff Welders a marginal call, given they (according to wiki) don't satisfy the criteria for inclusion in the 2nd tier of Northern Ireland's league, but I'll let them in pending numbers.

If we get 65 noms tho they're so cut.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Macclesfield Town
Morecambe

Can somebody with a spare nomination (GIMH?) vote for Leeds United, just to add to their humiliation with a 1st round exit.
Okay, nominate Dirty Leeds

Will be interesting if they draw Man Utd mind

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ok, we're now up to 57 teams. Nominations seem to be drying up a bit, so unless we get any more by 11.00pm (just over four and a quarter hours from now) I'll include some teams followed by some of our absent CW comrades or those that just plain can't be arsed.

I propose:

Derby County (luckyeddie & Pedro Delgado)
Inter Milan (Craigos)
Partick Thistle (stedly)
Ipswich Town (Faaip)
Blackburn Rovers (TT Boy & formerly Pickup)
Reading (fredfertang)
Plymouth (langers)

If I've missed anyone obvious feel free to say.