• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tony Kay hears the news that Tranmere are through to round 2:

In this one, I'm voting Steaua and Wimbledon

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Boca - I was actually at La Bombonera a matter of weeks ago, very cool

Jets - go the Aussies

Glad to see that my missing vote for United in the previous battle wouldn't have made a difference to the result.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boca have an awesome kit and feel more exotic than Bucharest. And Wimbledon because i feel sorry for their fans.

Steulen

International Regular
Good to see my PSV defeat ManU while I forgot about this thread :ph34r:

Steaua in this one; wonderful wonderful side back when they were communists.

And Wimbledon. For the same reason I nominated MK Dons: both clubs can legitimately claim to have had Vinnie Jones playing for them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good to see my PSV defeat ManU while I forgot about this thread :ph34r:

Steaua in this one; wonderful wonderful side back when they were communists.

And Wimbledon. For the same reason I nominated MK Dons: both clubs can legitimately claim to have had Vinnie Jones playing for them.
Nah, MK struck a deal with Merton council that they would discontinue all their claims to the Wimbledon history, ie they no longer have the 1988 FA Cup listed in their honours and state that they were foun ded in 2004. He has played for a few other teams that went out; Chelsea, Sheffield United, Leeds, as well as QPR who I don't think were featured.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not quite 24 hours, but nearly 5 hours since the last votes so I'm calling a halt to get the next ties up before I retire for the evening. Boca Juniors defeat Steaua by 12-9 & AFC Wimbledon strike a blow for the common man by beating the other Newcastle by 13-8. I'd obviously have gone for Steaua, given the oppo is the team played for and supported by a certain fat drugs cheat & have also got behind the AFC boys, whose fans I have nothing but admiration for.

Next up:

53. Harland & Wolff Welders v 54. Manchester City

55. Doncaster Rovers v 56. Arsenal

For those of you who (like me) were hitherto unaware of the work of Harland & Wolff Welders (who I only knew for the bang-up job they did on The Titanic) here's their football club's wiki page.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
wasnt going to vote due to them all being english, but I wont be passing up the chance to vote against Arsenal so

Harland
Doncaster

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Manchester City - because even my love of underdogs has limits and I've said enough nasty things about football teams smitt3h loves
Doncaster - aforementioned school teacher supported them

oh and i thought arsenal weren't english...