• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
PSV Eindhoven. Like I need a reason.

Cluj are not in Yorkshire and haven't scraped fortunate points at the Park in the last month.

Morecambe may have beat us in the playoffs, but I'm not showing any affinity for anything slightly related to the scum.

Tranmere and Mansfield are two sides who I don't mind in the least, and would have happily seen either go on a long run, but memories of Tranmere's Cup runs are more vivid than of anything Mansfield have done, ever.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
PSV - about the only time we'll ever beat Man Utd in anything
Bloemfontein Celtic
Cluj
FC United

BoyBrumby

Englishman
PSV - about the only time we'll ever beat Man Utd in anything
Bloemfontein Celtic
Cluj
FC United
Bloemfontein Celtic were eliminated some time ago. You'll need to vote on Mansfield/Tranmere for your other preferences to count.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
& that's the final whistle. PSV defeat Man Utd by 11-8, Cluj best Rotherham by 13-6, Morecambe down FC United by 11-8 &, in a mercy-killing, Tranmere eject Matteh's Stags by 13-3. FTR I'd certainly have gone for PSV, would've backed a losing cause in Rotherham as Cluj just seem a hitherto obscure east European team bankrolled by the mafia (probably), have gone for the proper football team in Morecambe & (although have no ill-will for Mansfield) would've voted for Tranmere as Corrin's enthusiasm is as infectious as it's genuine. Plus the legendary Half Man Half Biscuit are fans too.

Next:

49. Steaua Bucureşti v 50. Boca Juniors

51. Newcastle United Jets v 52. AFC Wimbledon

Just for clarification, Newcastle United Jets are the Australian A-League team (reigning champions, no less, not something one could accuse their English namesakes of for a good few years...) & AFC Wimbledon are the team formed by the real Dons fans after Franchise United left for Milton Keynes. Wiki pages for Newcastle & AFC Wimbledon for the keener students.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steaua - pinched many a good regens from them for next to nothing on CM/FM in the past. Unlike Boca who usually charge through the roof for their stars.

Jets - One of my least favourite A-League sides, but they arent English so thats good enough for me.