• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Plymouth in the first, because Sheffield United piss me off a lot, most recently with Chris Morgan's murder attempt which he got booked for (and complained).

The second one's real tough. They're probably my 3rd and 4th most hated teams. The world's most deluded fans versus the world's dirtiest team. I'm going for Leeds in the end because if it was actually played i'd want Newcastle to lose to a league one side, but the joke would still firmly be on Leeds because they're in league one. If Leeds win, they're both still losers.
Great point, forgot to mention that

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Plymouth - One of my former teachers came from their, also where Sir Francis Drake played bowls before setting sail to defeat the Spanish armada

Newcastle United - The two bridesmaids at an uncle's wedding I went to recently were from there and I got on very well with them as well as the fact that our unofficial feeder club hasn't provided us with anyone good for a while makes me lean towards Newcastle.

Chubb

International Regular
Plymouth- Not the most popular choice in my neck of the woods, but I did well there on FM and they are a Devon side after all...

Newcastle- I don't care about either side, but both sets of fans seem rather delusional to me . Went for Newcastle because someone who greatly disliked me at school was a Leeds fan.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Can't see why anyone would ever want to vote for Leeds ahead of anyone other than Liverpool tbh, so with that in mind, Plymouth and Newcastle.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't see why anyone would ever want to vote for Leeds ahead of anyone other than Liverpool tbh, so with that in mind, Plymouth and Newcastle.
I hate Leeds and Newcastle, but if Newcastle lose they've been dumped out by a league one side and if Leeds lose it's irrelevant because they were losers anyway.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Sheffield, better than the southern scum that is Plymouth. I have a genuine hatred for both Leeds and Newcastle, but I just couldn't bring myself to vote for dirty Leeds so it's Newcastle.

cpr

International Coach
Plymouth - Never managed by Colin Merchant B (balls, he has.....). Never started a lawsuit to avoid relegation. Never been located in Yorks***e

Newcastle - Bit of an affinaty due to a fair few friends from those parts. Keep us entertained. Buy our worst players. Not in Yorks***e

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Apologies for the delay. The norovirus does wonders for one's projectile vomiting capabilities, but does leave one feeling a little drained.

Anyway, vomiting currently under control (but bucket by my bed still), so I can finally reveal that Plymouth edge t'Blades 11-10 & Newcastle roundly thrash dirty Leeds by 16-5. Would've voted for both winners, ftr.

I'll post the next 4 battles in case of relapse:

39. Manchester United v 40. PSV Eindhoven

41. Aberdeen v 42. Bloemfontein Celtic

43. CFR Cluj v 44. Rotherham

45. Morecambe v 46. FC United

Only votes on all 4 ties will count.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PSV - not been managed by surly alex
Bloemfontein - not been managed by surly alex
Cluj - have Yssouf Koné
Morecambe - proper lower league club

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ABU
Aberdeen, have fond memories of their cup-winners cup exploits, before I knew Alex was a ****
cluj
fc united, morecambe need to **** off back to non-league where they belong imo

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
41. Aberdeen v 42. Bloemfontein Celtic

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

41. Aberdeen
v 42. Bloemfontein Celtic

(how did FC United even make it in, thought clubs that low down weren't allowed?)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well semi-pro ain't a professional league :p

And don't they play in like the 18th division or something? :ph34r:

Not bothered anyway, just curious, will be good to see two Man Utd teams get knocked out itbt