• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Benfica, would have voted for West Ham against most english sides cause of Lucas Neill though.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's interesting to know how people are voting, some going for the club ATM, others an historical view. Personally I'm trying to see the broad view, yet I know my countless petty grievances against teams up and down the footballing ladder, will probably out.

I nommed West Ham for the history. Moore, Peters, Hurst, the holy trinity of the WC. Brooking ( despite being a teensy bit dull) was a sumptuous footballer to watch. Latterly Di Canio (despite being a teensy bit of a faschist) was the most magnetic player I've ever watched live, one minute a sublime volley, next assaulting a referee, next sitting on the floor refusing to play, then getting up and scoring the winner. Julian Dicks (despite being a teensy bit of a thug) was also great to watch in a way, the 4-3 against Totenham was one of the greatest individual performances by a player I've seen in the Prem for the "terminator with a Bristol burr". The Academy of football is still churning out players for Chelsea and Man U to nick.

Admittedly not much to like about them now. Yet still a forlorn vote for

West Ham

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Will go for West Ham after Grecian's great reasoning.

Also, I've seen much more of them then Benfica and because of Lucas Neill.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Coventry. It may be a ****hole but The Specials wrote a great song about it. And they're not Liverpool.

Benfica. Surprised so many English people will vote for West Ham either. Getting threatened/stabbed/beaten by the fans of a club are a good reason to vote against them, and in West Ham's case that must make up a good 95% of the population.

Chubb

International Regular
Coventry & Benfica. Wonder how Reyes is doing over in Portugal too.
Very well. He is settled and wants to stay there.

Benfica One of the great clubs of Europe, discovered Eusebio, can't imagine Portugal without them.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
West Ham and eggs
Benfica One of the great clubs of Europe, discovered Eusebio, can't imagine Portugal without them.
Afraid these votes didn't count as neither ripper or Chubb voted on Cov/Liverpool. One each tho, so the effect on the end result is absolutely sweet Fanny Adams.

Coventry oust Liverpool by 16-8 & Benfica turn over the Hammers by 12-6. FTR I'd have gone Cov & yer Irons. Cov's FA Cup win over T*ttenham in 1987 was one of my happiest footballing memories as a youth so retain an affection for them even now & West Ham are the academy, isn't it? Play football in the right way and won us the world cup. Every West Ham fan I've met has been a gentleman too.

Right, next up:

23. Anderlecht v 24. Ajax

25. MK Dons v 26. Brentford

A low countries derby in our first match up & the former Wimbledon take on sledger's Bees.

cpr

International Coach
Ajax Won European Cups with style and class, then came back 20 years later to do it with their youth team. Anderlecht bought a UEFA cup, admittedly at the cost of Spurs but....

Brentford Dons sum up everything thats wrong about American sport and why we fight to stop it coming in, moving cities ffs.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Every West Ham fan I've met has been a gentleman too.
Yeah, partly agree, I didn't really get Uppercuts remarks about Irons fans. Too much time watching Danny Dyer films and reading Man u forums, I'd suggest.

Not that bothered though, certainly not as much as I am that the Cornish green slime, the dirties and Man U haven't come up yet, Will I have to vote for one of these evils:unsure:

Right, next up:

23. Anderlecht v 24. Ajax

25. MK Dons v 26. Brentford

A low countries derby in our first match up & the former Wimbledon take on sledger's Bees.
Ajax for Total Football.

& Brentford, vote against franchises.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Ajax & Brentford.

Anderlecht are dull (well, Belgian, duh) compared to total football inventors, and sledger deserves a vote.