• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The CW Cup: battle of the association football teams

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Played for both teams, I feel obliged to point out. Pretty sure he won European Cup medals for sitting on the Scouser's bench in 78 & 81.
I'm just going to roll my eyes gently at the subtley to my previous comment, 'tis all.

The real reason I voted for Coventry is that I lived there for a couple of years.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Coventry. Like them, whilst liverpool are my most hated sporting organisation (apart from Wigan rugby ...and Yorkshire cricket ...and the RFU ...and any other sporting organisation from Yorkshire ...and the Tennessee Titans ...and the Turkish national football team. Think that's about it.)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Villa as they might break the big four without selling out to too much plastic.

Coventry as they're not Liverpool.

Feel that everyone voting Cardiff without a legitimate reason should be chemically prevented from breeding.

Indipper

State Regular
Liverpool. Still have fond memories of them sticking a fork in Milan. Best European Cup final not involving Dutchmen.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Liverpool.

Been to Anfield and enjoyed it, never been to Coventry's stadium and never likely to.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steds's Jags lead 14-3, so the referee is stepping in to prevent the Roar suffering any more punishment. GIMH's vote not counting as he hadn't expressed a preference on the midlands derby, which Villa lead 12-10 currently. Would've gone for Partick myself, btw.

Next up:

19. Coventry City v 20. Liverpool

Simon again has to overcome his natural aversion to voting for a pommie team as marc's sky blues take on the Scousers what play in red.

Villa/WBA still running btw, lest there's any doubt.
Coventry.

Anti EPL vote now.

cpr

International Coach
WBA, for taking many a **** player off our hands, Greening ffs

Liverpool, because lets face it, they may be scouse, but at least they arnt from Coventry

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Steds's Jags lead 14-3, so the referee is stepping in to prevent the Roar suffering any more punishment. GIMH's vote not counting as he hadn't expressed a preference on the midlands derby, which Villa lead 12-10 currently. Would've gone for Partick myself, btw.

Next up:

19. Coventry City v 20. Liverpool

Simon again has to overcome his natural aversion to voting for a pommie team as marc's sky blues take on the Scousers what play in red.

Villa/WBA still running btw, lest there's any doubt.
Didn't you post the Partick battle before the Villa one was up? (edit - no, clearly you didn't!) I was sure I'd voted anyway, must have been about to and then had to pretend to do some work

Gonna vote for West Brom, never forgive and forget over 94 and Bosnich not being sent off. Reluctant vote for Cov in the second

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Huzzah! 24 hours gone and Villa/Albion are locked up at 13 apiece. My first casting vote goes to West Brom. When I was at school the only Villa fan was a nerd, so I've kind of always associated them with being uncool. Plus the ****s just beat us & I quite like Adrian Chiles & Frank Skinner, who're the Albion's public faces.

Cov lead Liverpool 9-7 currently but the tie remains open for your votes. :)

Next:

21. West Ham United v 22. Benfica

Yer actual Irons take on the Portuguese giants. Bobby Moore versus Eusebio all over again.