• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Fittler is moving Anasta to lock. Top move IMO.
Wasn't that going to happen last year as well? Interesting move considering he probably had his best year ever in 08. As far as his rep future is concerned I think it's a pretty good move, with no Greg Bird around he will have a pretty good claim on the lock position for NSW and Australia if he plays well, while if Terry Campese keeps up his 08 form then making the Blues team in that position might have been a bit harder for Anasta.

Simon

Yeah so I've been told. Hopefully he does well, 3 points of attack is better than 2. If we had a decent ball-playing hooker we'd be even more dangerous.
Actually thought Jake Friend did a pretty good job at times towards the end of last year. Reckon he's the future number 9.

Simon

I'm 50/50 on it, will be very interested to see where this goes, on one hand there is the Raiders stance with the NRL, surely the Raiders are seriously dudded if he can play this year. On the other hand there are legal issues in regards to this, he could sue the NRL and probably win.
IMO we'll see him running around in 2009.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Seeing as though Maitua was a similar issue and is allowed to play it's a very touchy issue. Not sure whether he will run around but I'm not going to be disappointed if he does in the Red, White and Blue.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was caught drink dirving whilst he had no license because of previous drink driving convictions.
:laugh:

Wes, such a team player.

Actually given the club let talented youngster like Seu Seu go because of Alcohol related incidents, I'd actually be surprised/disappointed if they didn't show him the door.

AMF

Cricket Spectator
I'm hoping Melbourne can win the premiership this season. I mean we've definitely got the team that can do it. Billy Slater is the best fullback in the world and Cameron Smith is the best hooker and Cooper Cronk is probably the 2nd best halfback. Now all we need is a 5/8th to complete our amazing backbone, and hope our forward pack delivers, which I am sure they will. Brett White, Ryan Hoffman and Jeff Lima are all underrated players, and are all in the top 5 in their respective positions in my opinion, and the others aren't too bad either. Dallas Johnson is in for a big season too I think, and he will hopefully reclaim the Australian lock position, which I think he really deserves.

AMF

Cricket Spectator
Heh, I might be slightly biast towards Melbourne, but I really do think we are still the best side. I mean, we'll obviously miss Jeremy Smith's impact, Matt Geyer's experience and Israel Folau's amazing defensive and offensive abilities in the centres, but other than that our side is just as strong as ever.