• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imagine QLD will something along the lines of

1.Slater
2.Falou
3.Inglis
4.Hodges
5.Boyd
6.Lockyer
7.Thurston
8.Price
9.Smith
10.Civenoceva
11.Myles
12.Thaiday
13.Johnson

14.Hunt
15.Harrison/Stagg
16.Hannant
17.Some Broncos Player

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Johnson gets dropped for Stagg before Game 1 and isn't injured, I'll eat cat food and post the footage of it on YouTube.

Johnners

Haha, knew there was someone I'd forgotten. Would be between Stagg/Harrison for the bench spot then I'd say.

Feel free to eat the cat food etc. even if it doesn't happen though :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Queensland
1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Justin Hodges
5 Israel Folau
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Jonathon Thurston
8 Steve Price
9 Cam Smith
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Nate Myles
13 Dallas Johnson
Reserves
14 Karmichael Hunt
15 Ben Hannant
16 David Shillington
17 Jacob Lillyman

Simon

FTR NSW should be imo
1 Kurt Gildey (captain)
2 Michael Jennings
3 Matt Cooper
4 Joel Monaghan
5 Jaryd Hayne
6 Terry Campese
7 Jarrod Mullen/Mitchell Pearce
8 Brent Kite
9 Michael Ennis
10 Luke Bailey
11 Anthony Laffranchi
12 Glenn Stewart
13 Paul Gallen
Reserves
14 Luke Lewis
15 Trent Waterhouse
16 Justin Poore
17 Michael Weyman

Simon

If they have Lillyman on the bench ahead of Stagg....yech.
Thing Lillyman has done alright this year and showed some ability when he has played Origin, Stagg, please no. Good club player makes lots of tackles and has even showed a bit in attack this year but I dont think we need that type of player when we already have Dallas Johnson.

Johnners

Meh, he or Harrison. Either way, both are easily better than Lillyman as a bench option for QLD imo.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Queensland
1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Justin Hodges
5 Israel Folau
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Jonathon Thurston
8 Steve Price
9 Cam Smith
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Sam Thaiday
12 Nate Myles
13 Dallas Johnson
Reserves
14 Karmichael Hunt
15 Ben Hannant
16 David Shillington
17 Jacob Lillyman
I like this team, think the first 15 names pick themselves. For numbers 16 and 17 I think Ashley Harrison is likely to get a game, most likely in front of Lillyman and it's Shillington vs Kenny as far as I'm concerned. I would take Shillo, he's been very good this year, but I think the selectors will go Kenny.

So out: Shillington and Lillyman
In: Kenny and Harrison

And that is the team I am expecting.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Should be noted, I was astounded at the number of people who picked the Sharks last week. What were you thinking! 8|
Hindsight is 20/20 but I thought the loss of Webb would hurt them. Also forgot the game was in Adelaide.

I'd take a Panthers premiership over an Origin victory any day. Can't believe anyone answered otherwise tbh.

Interesting to see so many people picking Lewis in the centres. He hasn't run out in that position in years.

Simon

I like this team, think the first 15 names pick themselves. For numbers 16 and 17 I think Ashley Harrison is likely to get a game, most likely in front of Lillyman and it's Shillington vs Kenny as far as I'm concerned. I would take Shillo, he's been very good this year, but I think the selectors will go Kenny.

So out: Shillington and Lillyman
In: Kenny and Harrison

And that is the team I am expecting.
I like Shillington for our origin team because hes a go forwards man, no nonsense will just take the ball up and make metres, would be good to have him coming off the bench on the back of Petero's and Price's good work. Harrison is next cab off the rank, I really like the idea of a big bench though, so he just misses it. Kenny for me should have one mroe year as a starting prop for the Broncos, then probably step into Price's role starting in origin next year.

Burgey

Laffranchi, Stewart and Gallen all off the boil to an extent this year IMO. There are a thousand back rowers in the mix really.

They can't afford Gallen and Ennis in the same team - penalty count will be 12-0 at half time.

Don't mind Mullen at half tbh, better than Pearce IMO. Personally, I'd have Weyman start ahead of Kite, but I just don't rate Kite so I admit to bias in that regard.

The loss of Stewart, B. may end up a perverse blessing for NSW, in that it will see Gidley on the park for 80 minutes, which I think the team needs coz he's that bloody good. They will miss Stewart's try-scoring ability though.

ripper868

International Coach
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

Simon

Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

Taking a risk on the Roosters. But I reckon they're due.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just thinking about this how many NSW players do you reckon will make the Australian side. Reckon Monaghan will get a run on the wing. Gidley off the bench. Then a couple backrowers and a bench front rower. So potentially Gallen, Stewart, Laffranchi and Kite from the guys that played last year with Johnson back in the side and maybe Thaiday. Aussie selectors don't seem to rate Myles and Hannant yet.

So from there on what would be your City and Country sides. Actually reckon this season City and Country could be half decent if the selectors don't pick many NSW players for Australia.

Australia: Monaghan, Gidley, Gallen, G Stewart, Laffranchi, Kite

City: Coote, Hayne, Jennings, Best, Lawrence, Wallace, Pearce, O'Meley, Farah, Clinton, Minichiello, O'Donnell, Lewis, Res: Galloway, Waterhouse, Watmough, Anasta

Country: Hornby, Robertson, Cooper, Morris, Williams, Campese, Mullen, Cross, Ennis, Bailey, Tupou, Hoffman, Creagh. Res: Poore, Weyman, Mason, Campbell

Reckon I would rather be the guys that play City/Country then for Australia. Especially the forwards.

Johnners

Origin snubs shock Hindmarsh - NRL - Fox Sports

Haha, have to laugh really at all those who have played but haven't been considered. There's a reason for it fellas, you've only lost the last 3 series....

Found this bit particularly amusing though

But Hindmarsh said wholesale changes were not always a good thing.

"Queensland seem to keep to a settled side and look how well they have gone with that strategy," he said.

"So I'll leave it at that."
Only difference being that Queenslands settled side is winning eh Hindy?