• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should be noted, I was astounded at the number of people who picked the Sharks last week. What were you thinking! 8|

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Clapo, you may have already mentioned this before but what is the 0.1 and 0.2 represent after the number of points?

luffy

International Captain
Broncos v Eels
Rabbitohs v Sharks
Roosters v Dragons
Storm v Warriors
Cowboys v Sea Eagles
Raiders v Bulldogs
Tigers v Knights
Panthers v Titans

Mister Wright

An interesting call on Sydney Radio this afternoon has me thinking where people put Origin...

The question was asked what would you prefer??

Your club team to win the premiership this year however your Origin side would have to lose the next 3 series? Or your Origin side to win this years series and your club side not win for 3 years??

For me it was a no brainer, I would much prefer my club side to win the comp any day of the week, and would have no hesitation in choosing that option anytime..

What would yours be???
State of Origin. Easy. I love the Broncos, but love Queensland even more.

luffy

International Captain
NSW

My Team/Team that will get selected

1. Matt Cooper/Matt Cooper
2. Colin Best/Anthony Quinn
3. Joel Monoghan/Joel Monoghan
4. Jamie Lyon/Jamie Lyon
5. David Williams/David Williams
6. Terry Campese/Terry Campese
7. Kurt Gidley/Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite/Josh Perry
9. Robbie Farah/Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey/Anthony Laffranchi
11. Anthony Watmough/Anthony Watmough
12. Ryan Hoffman/Ryan Hoffman
13. Paul Gallen (prick, but he's passionate)/Paul Gallen

14. Glenn Stewart/Ben Creaghe
15. Anthony Tupou/Anthony Tupou
16. Michael Weyman/Trent Waterhouse
17. Alan Tongue/Kurt Gidley

We're ****ed. Forwards aren't up to scratch, thats for sure.

Johnners

Haha what, you'd have Matt Cooper playing out of position at Fullback, and have your best Fullback playing out of position in the halves? With Stewart out, if NSW selectors go with anything other than Gidley, Campese, Wallace at 1/6/7 it's a travesty.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
My Team

1. K Gidley
2. C Lawrence
3. M Jennings
4. J Monaghan
5. D Williams
6. T Campese
7. J Mullen
8. B Cross
9. R Farah
10. B Kite
11. L O'Donnell
12. A Laffranchi
13. P Gallen

14. L Lewis
15. M Weyman
16. K Galloway
17. A Tupou

I really am getting this feeling after seeing the 40 man squad that was named today that the selectors are really going to get rid of alot of the dead wood this series and we will see quite a few big changes to the side...
I would not be surprised to see Cooper miss out also with Jennings come in for him.
I dont think they will select Lyon as i just cant see them picking a guy who doesnt want to be their..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
In all honesty apart from Ben Cross, there is not one front rower that stands out as State of Orgin material. Reckon they will pick Bailey if fit due to lack of another other front rowers of quality.

Looks like they will go for youth in halves.

Outside backs are wide open. The fact they picked Lyon shows they are pretty concerned about the centres. Reckon Brett Morris defence might get him a run if Cooper injuried. Wouldn't be surprised if Lewis gets picked ahead of Jennings and Lawrence as well.

Even though we have a million backrowers only reckon O'Donnell. The rest are just boring players that play 80 minutes. You need more at rep level. Give Weyman and Poore a run imo.

This would be my side.

1. Kurt Gildey
2. Jarrad Hayne
3. Joel Monaghan
4. Matt Cooper/ Josh Morris
5. David Williams
6. Terry Campese
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Cross
9. Robbie Farah
10. Luke Bailey
11. Justin Poore
12. Michael Weyman
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Luke Lewis
15. Anthony Laffranchi
16. Glenn Stewart
17. Anthony Tupou

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
You can't have 4 front rowers on the park, wtf. Especially with only 10 changes. Have you watched a game since the mid-80's?
Michael Weyman would come off the bench, but it would be good if we named a side like that. And showed we taking the game to them. Rather then pick a million players that can play 80 millions, that offer nothing when they come off the bench.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
My side:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Chris Lawrence
3. Matt Cooper
4. Josh Morris
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Terry Campese
7. Peter Wallace
8. Luke Bailey (but we all know he'll be injured, I'd probably go with O'Meley otherwise. Need one experienced prop)
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ben Cross
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Michael Weyman
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Paul Gallen
17. Robbie Farah/Luke Lewis/Random Storm Player

Johnners

My side:

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Chris Lawrence
3. Matt Cooper
4. Josh Morris
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Terry Campese
7. Peter Wallace
8. Luke Bailey (but we all know he'll be injured, I'd probably go with O'Meley otherwise. Need one experienced prop)
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ben Cross
11. Mark Minichiello
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Donnell

14. Michael Weyman
15. Anthony Tupou
16. Paul Gallen
17. Robbie Farah/Luke Lewis/Random Storm Player
Yeah would have to agree with this. Will be intruiged to see who they go for out of Ennis/Farah though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
1 Kurt GIDLEY
2 Joel MONAGHAN
3 Michael JENNINGS
4 Matt COOPER
5 Chris LAWRENCE
6 Terry CAMPESE
7 Peter WALLACE
8 Luke BAILEY
9 Mick ENNIS
10 Michael WEYMAN