• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As far as I know virtual nrl wont be running again this year :(
I was in a comp with some others last year on a different site and we ran it ourselves, it was really good, who would be interested in something similar?
Thought I'd get it sorted now rather than leave all the potential squad choosing etc... until too close to the season.

Jakester1288

International Regular
We should start up an NRL.com tipping comp for CricketWeb members only IMO.

I will start it closer to the start of the season if needed.

Simon

We should start up an NRL.com tipping comp for CricketWeb members only IMO.

I will start it closer to the start of the season if needed.
naa not touching nrl.com worst site in so many ways.
Reckon we can just run the tipping comp in this thread again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
link? rings bells
www.nearlynrl.com

It has a 24 hour bidding period and you have a salary cap of 4 million. You have a squad of 20 to 25 players and you get points for tries, dominant forwards, dominant halves and your goal kicker.

I've played the last two seasons in a private comp [with the site creator] for free. The only problem is that it may cost something to run a normal private comp, still even if we don't run a comp on this site, you may want to check it out anyways.

Last edited:

Simon

the rules we played under last year were
tries, goals and field goals worth normal.
Select one goalkicker from your squad each week to score goal points for.
Forward tries, either 35 tackles or 20 hit upts or a combined of 45.
No negative points.

Was a simple format and easy to follow.

If we did something like this on here I'd be looking to follow that format, also would be looking for between 8-12 teams.

No player values or salary cap, just a straight drafting process at the start and pick up/dumping/trading throughout the season. We played a rule that if you drop a player you cant recruit them again.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
naa not touching nrl.com worst site in so many ways.
Reckon we can just run the tipping comp in this thread again.
Yeah I'll be in for sure this season.

Also yeah NNRL unfortunately does cost something.