• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

99*

International Debutant
**** me Melbourne looked bad today. Ruin my perfect run too. ****s.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Haven't the Titans been top of the table after 5 or so rounds every season since they came in?

Once Bailey goes down, they're toast. And he will go down, he always does.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Both are maybes, but will be interesting to see how they go with injuries. Both paper both have no depth, but also have some awsome youth. Though not sure if Broncos kept many of their U20s from last season.
Broncos have some decent depth this year. Outside our best 17, we've still got players like:

Backs: Jharal Yow Yeh, Gerard Beale, Tom Hewitt
Halves/Hookers: PJ Marsh, Ben Hunt
Forwards: Josh McGuire, Aaron Sweeney, Eddy Purcell, Palmer Wapau etc.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haven't the Titans been top of the table after 5 or so rounds every season since they came in?

Once Bailey goes down, they're toast. And he will go down, he always does.
I think if only Bailey goes down and Prince, Rogers, Campbell, Laffranchi, Minichiello, Friend, Harrison stay fit for the majority of the year, they'll still be in with a big chance of firstly making the 8 and possibly better.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Broncos have some decent depth this year. Outside our best 17, we've still got players like:

Backs: Jharal Yow Yeh, Gerard Beale, Tom Hewitt
Halves/Hookers: PJ Marsh, Ben Hunt
Forwards: Josh McGuire, Aaron Sweeney, Eddy Purcell, Palmer Wapau etc.
Aaron Sweeney? Is that Former Wests Junior Aaron Sweeney??? Surely not if it is he must have seriously improved alot to be considered good backup for NRL..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** me Melbourne looked bad today. Ruin my perfect run too. ****s.
Tigers the closest thing to a bogey side for Melbourne over recent years. They seem to always give them a hard game, irrespective of their respective positions on the table.

Simon

Tigers vs Storm last night was pretty close to the worst match ive ever seen in my life.

Burgey

You mustn't have seen Parra v Melbourne last year when Melboure had 12 players out through injury or Origin and Parra was at full strength. Parra JUST beat them. I took my kids to that game and I nearly fell asleep watching it.

Simon

You mustn't have seen Parra v Melbourne last year when Melboure had 12 players out through injury or Origin and Parra was at full strength. Parra JUST beat them. I took my kids to that game and I nearly fell asleep watching it.
I'm sure it wasnt as bad as Sharks vs Eels is gonna be.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty big week coming up behind the scenes in the NRL.

Manly members vote today on the sale of their leagues club, which has massive implications. One faction says that the club will end up folding if the sale goes through, while the other insists it's the only way to ensure Manly's long term survival.

The Penns and the sword - LHQNews - leaguehq.com.au

Parra look like they're in even worse trouble. The Eels are massively in debt allegedly with only 10c of assets to every dollar of debt, and are seriously staring at the prospect of insolvency.

Penniless Parra face financial oblivion | Daily Telegraph

What is going on here? Parra are going through a rough patch on the field, and thus don't get the kind of attendances they would like, but they're a proud club with a long history and leagues club backing in Rugby Leagues supposed stronghold. If a club like that goes under, what hope do some of the others have?

Simon

No club can fold or can relocate, whatever the NRL decides to do with expansion etc... the current 16 teams (perhaps even souths) need to be supported to ensure they survive where they are.

ripper868

International Coach
All the clubs would be ****ed if pokies tax goes up further tbh, the only thing keeping leagues clubs alive.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cringe at the idea of competition expansion (in terms of teams). There are already enough blokes running around in the NRL that shouldn't be playing first grade, the league is crap enough as it is and doesn't need more of them.