• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Figured I may as well start it now that pre-season has stared.

Reni Maitua sacked by the Bulldogs. Odds on him ending up a Rooster?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looking forward to see who Manly end up playing in the centres and 5/8 this season. After Lyon form in the finals talk is that he will play 5/8 and Tony Williams will play outside Robertson on the wing. With Bailey on the bench.

Rodney v Cuthbertson for the last bench spot will be interesting if they go down that path.

Hopefully Jared Waerea-Hargreaves gets a run during the season. Only U20s player from last season that didn't look a class below.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Williams will be in the back row, I thought that was a certainty.

Also on Maitua, half a chance of being a Raider, I know they made enquiries about him not that long ago. I hear the owners of mooseheads and all bar nun have noticed a drop in sales since Todd Carney left, they'd be delighted if Maitua came here.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I heard Maitua was off to Souths..

Was on another site today and it says that today is 100 days to go until the season starts, can't wait!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Williams will be in the back row, I thought that was a certainty.
It was until Lyon played well for first time at 5/8. Also when he was orginally signed we didn't have Rodney on the books. So that pushed him further down the pecking order for backrowers. Both Rodney and Bailey can play similar roles as backrowers to what Williamson and Menzies played, so I doubt he will be certainty for the backrow anymore.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can't really see Williams starting in the backrow.

I think he'll start the season on the bench and come on into the backrow or move into the centres when Matai gets injured..

Chaminda do you rate Shane Rodney?

Craig

World Traveller
Robbie Farah is up on the Gold Coast to have a talk about the chance of him becoming a Titan in 2010. Farah, his agent, and Michael Searle had dinner last night, while Farah had a tour of the facilities today.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Can't really see Williams starting in the backrow.

I think he'll start the season on the bench and come on into the backrow or move into the centres when Matai gets injured..

Chaminda do you rate Shane Rodney?
Yeah I think that what will happen with Williams start on the bench or centres. Though Robertson been talked as an option in centres and his so called ability to play wing, centres and fullback is why he is ahead of David Williams as players to re-sign. Though David has played a fair bit of fullback and centres in lower grades as well and has a lot more potential.

I actually rate Rodney if he can get back to his early career form at the Panthers. Will add a lot of depth to our backrow once he gets back near full fitness. Reckon he will be in and out of squad depending on injuries. But I was worried if Mauro or Waerea-Hargreaves had to play that role this season. We wont lose much when Rodney gets a few games, as we would with the others. Though I don't think he will never be a starting forward, will always be at his best off the bench.

luffy

International Captain
Robbie Farah is up on the Gold Coast to have a talk about the chance of him becoming a Titan in 2010. Farah, his agent, and Michael Searle had dinner last night, while Farah had a tour of the facilities today.
Titans will be putting big money up for offer for him there.

Him and Prince combining would be devestating for opponents.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Folau in the centres for shoo.

1 Hunt
2 Michaels
3 Folau
4 Hodges
5 Yow Yeh
6 Lockyer
7 Wallace

This would be my Broncos backline.

luffy

International Captain
If they don't win the premiership this season, they'll have no excuses.

For sure they have the playing talent.

Simon

If they don't win the premiership this season, they'll have no excuses.

For sure they have the playing talent.
No way, I'm expecting us to miss the 8. Backline is good, but the forwards are below par and the depth is worrying.

Simon

Yeah I think that what will happen with Williams start on the bench or centres. Though Robertson been talked as an option in centres and his so called ability to play wing, centres and fullback is why he is ahead of David Williams as players to re-sign. Though David has played a fair bit of fullback and centres in lower grades as well and has a lot more potential.

I actually rate Rodney if he can get back to his early career form at the Panthers. Will add a lot of depth to our backrow once he gets back near full fitness. Reckon he will be in and out of squad depending on injuries. But I was worried if Mauro or Waerea-Hargreaves had to play that role this season. We wont lose much when Rodney gets a few games, as we would with the others. Though I don't think he will never be a starting forward, will always be at his best off the bench.
Rodney was always average, can't see him playing anything but a bit part role for Manly. Given the money they are supposedly paying for Williams he will have to be somewhere in the mix. Would be disappointed for Robbo if he was moved to the centres, hes a good natural tryscorer playing on the wing, nothing else.

Burgey

Word is the NRL are going to de-list Matua.

He really should bring a restraint of trade case - he'd win it easy.

Simon

Word is the NRL are going to de-list Matua.

He really should bring a restraint of trade case - he'd win it easy.
Yeh really apart from be a douchebag he's done nothing wrong, unlike Greg Bird (if hes found guilty in court) and Todd Carney he hasnt broken any laws etc...
Obviously hes breached his contract with the Bulldogs and thats their call to sack him, but if a team (lets say Newcastle or Canberra or the Tigers) wanted to sign him then there shouldnt be a problem with that.