• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Roosters have shown a bit more ticker and look like improving lately. Warriors FMD are just dire, they are soft, have no direction and honestly just look disinterested.
I can't put my finger on it. I mean after the drowning of Sonny Fai I thought they would be motivated and some strong off season recruiting, they would be doing a lot better. Then again it is typical with the Warriors, just find an extra 5% or so, and they will be higher up on the table.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They should never have gotten Stacey Jones back, hes been pathetic. Also buying Joel Moon to play 5/8 was a mistake, he's always just a bit off the pace.
Kevin Locke has been super for them though, their time will come they have some guns in the 20's and when they come through they should do well.
Russell Packer will be the best prop in the game in 3-4 years, the kid is a star.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They should never have gotten Stacey Jones back, hes been pathetic. Also buying Joel Moon to play 5/8 was a mistake, he's always just a bit off the pace.
Kevin Locke has been super for them though, their time will come they have some guns in the 20's and when they come through they should do well.
Russell Packer will be the best prop in the game in 3-4 years, the kid is a star.
I personally thought Moon was worth the punt. I still don't really view it as a mistake as such; just something that didn't work out. I actually think he'd have gone better playing alongside Witt or Fien, too.

I didn't really mind the Jones thing so much either at first as I didn't realise signing him automatically meant playing him in every single game regardless of his performances, releasing Witt at the start of the season and then releasing Fien midseason. Nathan Fien steered a team to a World Cup just last year at halfback and and he in combination with Witt had led the Warriors through an awesome final series charge just a few months before that; their treatment of him this year was absolutely ridiculous, particularly when it got to the stage of him playing for the Vulcans while Heremaia was starting at hooker.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I personally thought Moon was worth the punt. I still don't really view it as a mistake as such; just something that didn't work out. I actually think he'd have gone better playing alongside Witt or Fien, too.

I didn't really mind the Jones thing so much either at first as I didn't realise signing him automatically meant playing him in every single game regardless of his performances, releasing Witt at the start of the season and then releasing Fien midseason. Nathan Fien steered a team to a World Cup just last year at halfback and and he in combination with Witt had led the Warriors through an awesome final series charge just a few months before that; their treatment of him this year was absolutely ridiculous, particularly when it got to the stage of him playing for the Vulcans while Heremaia was starting at hooker.
Yeah a Warriors friend of mine was saying something pretty similar the other day. Taking a punt on one player is fine, taking a punt on two players (and Jones was a punt) while throwing out your other options in one of the most important position on the field is a recipe for disaster.

And what a disaster. They haven't scored more than 14 since round 6 (and that was only 17 against the worst defense in the comp), and have only scored more than 20 3 times this year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Broncos v Rabbitohs
Bulldogs v Titans
Panthers v Raiders
Sharks v Sea Eagles
Roosters v Warriors
Tigers v Cowboys
Eels v Storm

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Broncos v Rabbitohs
Bulldogs v Titans
Panthers v Raiders
Sharks v Sea Eagles
Roosters v Warriors
Tigers v Cowboys
Eels v Storm

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Ouch! De La Heras cops a Tonnie Carrol knee to the head after being knocked to the ground by Souths Jamie Simpson. Has to go off on a stretcher, he's out cold.

The crowd of course, after a Rabbits heavy penalty count, are cheering their heads off :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Also Wallace is still looking very poor. No direction, poor kicking game and at times he's running around like he doesn't know where to go. Looking like a genius bit of business by the Panthers getting rid of him when we did :ph34r:

Souths really putting the ponies to the sword. Dire stuff Broncos. Will miss the finals for the first time ever(?) if they keep this up.

Simon

Also Wallace is still looking very poor. No direction, poor kicking game and at times he's running around like he doesn't know where to go. Looking like a genius bit of business by the Panthers getting rid of him when we did :ph34r:

Souths really putting the ponies to the sword. Dire stuff Broncos. Will miss the finals for the first time ever(?) if they keep this up.
First time since 91.

Glad I didn't watch it as I went and saw Bruno. Sounds like the crap we dished up was just as offensive as the movie.

morgieb

Sorry I'm late boys, just haven't been active due to me being in Canberra.

Panthers v Raiders - Don't rate the Raiders away form
Sharks v Sea Eagles
Roosters v Warriors - Warriors can't win away from home
Tigers v Cowboys - tight one, gut instinct that the Cows'll get up.
Eels v Storm

howardj

International Coach
Where's Brisbane's culture disappeared to? It's not part of the club's fabric to turn it up anywhere let alone in their backyard. Honourable defeats, where you fight and scratch to the death are acceptable. Any other defeats are not!

Simon

Geez its not the end of the world, every team loses like that sometimes just one of those things.
Overall though we just aren't that good, particuarly without Lockyer.