• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Several weeks ago Hayne had a try disallowed for deliberately knocking the ball forward over the fullback's head in EXACTLY the same way Walker did tonight for GC's 1st try.
Someone please explain this **** to me please, because I have absolutely lost the plot here.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Several weeks ago Hayne had a try disallowed for deliberately knocking the ball forward over the fullback's head in EXACTLY the same way Walker did tonight for GC's 1st try.
Someone please explain this **** to me please, because I have absolutely lost the plot here.
Pretty sure they change the rules every match...

Burgey

****wits on Fox saying at half time it was OK because Walker propelled it at an angle forward, whereas Hayne was straight ahead.

WTF? Must remember that next time a Parra bloke knocks the ball forward at 45 degrees - "Oh, it wasn't straight ahead, so it's OK". Give me a break.

I hope my rant I sent them gets read out at full time - if an email which mentions people getting the "Tom ****" with the refs is read out, then that's it.

****ing ****s.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gold Coast really showing they're up to the task this season, blowing the Dragons out in the first half and holding on.

After tonight they'll only have to win half their games to make the 8.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah in all honesty not sure who out of the top 8, might fall off so Manly can get 8th spot. They are all playing decent football this season. Reckon unless one side blows it with 4-5 losses in a row, we will miss out.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah in all honesty not sure who out of the top 8, might fall off so Manly can get 8th spot. They are all playing decent football this season. Reckon unless one side blows it with 4-5 losses in a row, we will miss out.
There is a 1 1/2 win gap between 8th & 9th, and the Knights (who are 8th) still have 2 byes up their sleeve. Only the positions within the top 8 may change this week, and if the Cowboys, Panthers and Storm win this week it's going to be tough going for 9,10 & 11. Manly are really the only threat, you'd think the Raiders and Warriors have left their run a little too late.

A lot more clubs are being affected at Origin time also, it's no longer just the Broncos or Storm. The salary cap has spread the talent, and therefore more teams are going to be affected.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
There is a 1 1/2 win gap between 8th & 9th, and the Knights (who are 8th) still have 2 byes up their sleeve. Only the positions within the top 8 may change this week, and if the Cowboys, Panthers and Storm win this week it's going to be tough going for 9,10 & 11. Manly are really the only threat, you'd think the Raiders and Warriors have left their run a little too late.

A lot more clubs are being affected at Origin time also, it's no longer just the Broncos or Storm. The salary cap has spread the talent, and therefore more teams are going to be affected.
We are only half way through the season. 2 wins in not a lot. It wasn't that long ago Manly were 4 wins off the top eight. Still a long way to go in the season. But if the top side sides keep playing the way they are it will be tough. Though that is a big if, especially if a couple sides have some major injuries. Like Gildey or Thurston going down.

I can't see the other sides out Manly pushing for a top 8 spot. There just a bit too hit and miss, they miss too often.

Simon

****wits on Fox saying at half time it was OK because Walker propelled it at an angle forward, whereas Hayne was straight ahead.

WTF? Must remember that next time a Parra bloke knocks the ball forward at 45 degrees - "Oh, it wasn't straight ahead, so it's OK". Give me a break.

I hope my rant I sent them gets read out at full time - if an email which mentions people getting the "Tom ****" with the refs is read out, then that's it.

****ing ****s.
Agree. Was a ****house decision.
The Fox commentators have deadset been blind as bats lately, theres this one, the Monaghan try on Monday night against Souths where he put his foot out but they completely overlooked that. There was another last night where the Dragons player jumped on the ball from marker and they couldn't stop mentioning you cant do that despite the fact the infringement was for Walker knocking it on in the play the ball.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Just in case there was any doubt that Ricky Stuart is a douchebag:

The email was sent at 3.41pm. Ms Hall wrote: "There have been issues since the commencement of my employment with misconduct and ***ual harassment, some of which have resulted in me being physically assaulted."

Ms Hall said she then received two phone calls, the first from Stuart at 4pm. "Ricky Stuart called me asking what I was doing filing a ***ual harassment case," Ms Hall said.

"I told him I do not want to get him involved. He kept pressing me for answers. I told him it was between Tony and I and not involving him. He said that this would hurt the club if it got out and what grounds I had to claim such a thing."
Stuart faces claims as Zappia stands down - LHQNews - leaguehq.com.au

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know what the go with the Ben Farrar/Mike Bani trade. Heard it went through last week. Yet to see Farrar down here. Saw he got dropped by NQ, but I guess that could be due to Williams form in the Queensland Cup. Though I did note that Tony Williams lost his 21 number and Des gave him the proper 5. That is usually a sign from Des you are no longer just holding down your spot until some better comes back from injury. So maybe we just signed Farrar to play Queensland Cup.

All pretty strange these mid season trades.

Simon

Farrar has been signed to play fullback, within 3 weeks he'll be wearing the #1 and Robbo will be back on the wing.

Burgey

Shane Shackleton to Parra from Roosters.

Not a bad signing imo - hey, he's no Todd Lowire, but still....

howardj

International Coach
Hunt has pig flu.

Bought tickets for this game yesterday - my first in about one year - they better not cancel!!!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Farrar has been signed to play fullback, within 3 weeks he'll be wearing the #1 and Robbo will be back on the wing.
Seems an odd move by Manly when Stewart could return soon and they are paying a fair bit on Tony Williams and Hopoate too. Farrar isn't anything special and Robertson looks like he's finally got his game going in the past few weeks.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyone else think Clinton has been treated a bit harsh with a $50k fine? I know, team rules etc etc but that's a huge fine for just having a bit of old fashioned fun with someone.

Also, this might be a bit OTT but is anyone else starting to think there's a concerted effort from somewhere to get rid of the Sharks? You couldn't have scripted their on-field woes, but the re-release of damaging off-field stories is happening with incredible regularity. All of these incidents occurred months or years in the past, why are they being rehashed again now? It's no secret that the NRL (half owned by News) wants fewer Sydney clubs.

Maybe a bit too tinfoil-hat?

Simon

Anyone else think Clinton has been treated a bit harsh with a $50k fine? I know, team rules etc etc but that's a huge fine for just having a bit of old fashioned fun with someone.

Also, this might be a bit OTT but is anyone else starting to think there's a concerted effort from somewhere to get rid of the Sharks? You couldn't have scripted their on-field woes, but the re-release of damaging off-field stories is happening with incredible regularity. All of these incidents occurred months or years in the past, why are they being rehashed again now? It's no secret that the NRL (half owned by News) wants fewer Sydney clubs.

Maybe a bit too tinfoil-hat?
The Sharks have digging their own grave for a while. Really I think its a case of no one really investigating it so nothing has ever come out, now we are seeing a case of people looking for dirt and they are finding it.