• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Also just read in the paper that Tomane is not signed for next year. Might be a huge mistake for the storm as his price would surely have risen significantly last night. Might have even priced himself out of the club, with the vultures sure to be already circling.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Huge mistake by the Storm given hes seen as Chambers replacement. Although they have Willie Isa waiting in the wings he's below Tomane in ability imo. Also arent they still trying to get rid of Turner??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Halfway through the season, thought it'd be interesting to get everyones opinions on where they think teams will finish at the end of Round 26...

Im thinking it will be something like this..

Dragons
Broncos
Knights
Bulldogs
Melbourne
Cowboys
Panthers
Sea Eagles
------------------
Titans
Warriors
Raiders
Rabbits
Tigers
Eels
Roosters
Sharks

On the Tigers im very dissapointed with our form the last couple of weeks, after playing so well against the Dogs and Broncos, we have let ourselves down with lack of effort and execution(Farah excluded). We have missed Galloway and Lawrence big time, but seriously imo its time for Sheens to step aside..
The guy is basically bulletproof from the media, this will be 4 years since the GF win and we have done SFA since, no major signings(Yeah we signed Ellis, but he was a gamble at NRL Level). Can you imagine any other coach in the league producing the same results and not having a gun held to his head by everyone in the media?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh also, on a personal note, im in the running for selection to coach the Wests Magpies Under 14's development squad this season. Should find out in the next week so have my fingers crossed. Will be my 1st representative appointment and will be a big step to moving to a Harold Matts or SG Ball spot in the future...

I'll let you all know how i go...

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh also, on a personal note, im in the running for selection to coach the Wests Magpies Under 14's development squad this season. Should find out in the next week so have my fingers crossed. Will be my 1st representative appointment and will be a big step to moving to a Harold Matts or SG Ball spot in the future...

Best of luck man :) Gonna move on up and replace Sheensy in a few years I presume?

Melbourne
Dragons
Knights
Broncos
Bulldogs
Panthers
Cowboys
Titans
------------------
Sea Eagles
Rabbits
Warriors
Tigers
Raiders
Sharks
Roosters
Eels

There's a clear top 8 forming atm, reckon the main changes will be where the clubs fall at the end. Reckon there'll be very little between the top 5. The Storm seem to be getting the hand of this quicker ruck. Out of the bottom three I reckon the Sharks have the most fight in them, and that will get them up.

Craig

World Traveller

Good luck :)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First half of this Tigers - Panthers game worse by several factors than Parra v Cronulla. Absolute knock-on-athon.
Boys obviously not used to the dry weather.
LMAO at the score in the other game. Brisbane showing their "clear superiority" over the other sides, eh?
It's always devastating to see Brisbane get pasted :happy:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The top 8 are really putting a big gap on the bottom 8 this round. Even if the Knights & Titans lose they're still guaranteed a spot in the top 8 at the end of the round. If they both win the 9th placed team is still 2 1/2 games outside the top 8.

Of the teams not currently in the 8, it is really the Sea Eagles and Warriors that will threaten.

Burgey

Listening to ABC they just read out the Parra side. It sounds like a Jim Beam Cup team with guest appearances from Fui, Hayne and Hindy.

Dire.

luffy

International Captain
My predictions for the end of the year:

1. St George Dragons
2. Newcastle Knights
3. Melbourne Storm
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Canterbury Bulldogs
6. North Queensland Cowboys
7. Penrith Panthers
8. Manly Sea Eagles
9. Gold Coast Titans
10. Canberra Raiders
11. New Zealand Warriors
12. South Sydney Rabbitohs
13. Parramata Eels
14. West Tigers
15. Cronulla Sharks
16. Sydney Roosters

Craig

World Traveller
Real gutsy win to the Sharks. Looks like the Cronulla half Scott Porter will get fined a bit after dropping the f-bomb twice during the post game interview. Well I would be surprised if he isn't.

BTW Simon when Terry Campese signed his 6 year contract the other day, do you know how much it is worth?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Best of luck man :) Gonna move on up and replace Sheensy in a few years I presume?

:laugh: It would be nice, Although if Sheensy is still there by that time i will scream.. He should be packing his bags now tbh..

The general progression would be Mini Magpies Development, then either Sth West Sydney Academy of Sport (Under 15's), then either SWSAS or Wests Harold Matts, then Wests Tiger Cubs (U17's), then the likes of Bundy Cup, Premier League. So still a few steps away but gotta start somewhere.

Simon

Real gutsy win to the Sharks. Looks like the Cronulla half Scott Porter will get fined a bit after dropping the f-bomb twice during the post game interview. Well I would be surprised if he isn't.

BTW Simon when Terry Campese signed his 6 year contract the other day, do you know how much it is worth?
Hard to say, given its such a long contract it's unlilkely to be anything over $375k a year. I'm guessing its something around that.

howardj

International Coach
Hard to say, given its such a long contract it's unlilkely to be anything over $375k a year. I'm guessing its something around that.
Why they sign guys to 4 or 5 year contracts is a mystery to me.

I think they can so easily fall into a comfort zone.

Anyway, waiting for Mortimer to get the call up for Origin 2.

Like Mitchell Pierce, the commentators totally exaggerate how good the (greenhorn, unproven) 2nd generation players are.

ripper868

International Coach
Mortimer is gun. Was tearing me and my mates apart when we were in year 12 (along with his brother tim) and he was in year 9?

Burgey

If a rugby league player was ever going to get a pig's disease, it was always going to be a Queenslander who plays for Canterbury.

Apt.