• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my sporting gears?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Seeing as pretty much every other forum has one, lets get the ball rolling..

People who are paid to talk about Sport getting pronounciations of names incorrect
I'm talking commentators, announcers.. People who are paid to do a job come off as sloppy and ignorant when it's become obvious they haven't even done their research..

cpr

International Coach
David Pleat.

Andy Gray may be a ****, but at least he has half an inkling about football today, and not every bit of analysis links back to the time he celebrated keeping Luton up as much as winning the world cup

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
David Pleat.

Andy Gray may be a ****, but at least he has half an inkling about football today, and not every bit of analysis links back to the time he celebrated keeping Luton up as much as winning the world cup
Good lord some of his pronounciations are dire. "Benyanoon", "Cliche","Karkar", "Doyou (Djourou)","Shimbomba." Could go on all day listing them.

Craig

World Traveller
Darren Lockyer:

FFS clear your throat out next time instead of sounding like 67 year old smoker who has had his voice box taken out. It is just so cringeworthy.

Perm

Tony Johnson

Most idiotic and biased bloke ever. Reckon he's even worse than Heals.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Darren Lockyer:

FFS clear your throat out next time instead of sounding like 67 year old smoker who has had his voice box taken out. It is just so cringeworthy.
I think he had his larynx partially crushed in a tackle, a la Gary Larsen a few years ago.

If not, then yeah, it's ****.

andmark

International Captain
Football hooligans.
Terrorise streets just because of the results of the football. When you go into school, they constantly ask you who do you support. I told them I don't like football, and they still ask me that question. It's as if football is the holy grail.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Alan "****ing" Green on Five Live

Makes Ian Healy's commentary seem like a cross between John Arlott & the Dalai Lama. Shocking that such a reactionary, buffoonish borderline racist old **** is still employed by the BBC in this day and age.

Yesterday he ran through the rugby results, leaving out our horlicks versus the yarps and closed with "& I'm not going to say anything about the England result."

<Pause>

"Shocking."

Look, either take the piss or don't, frankly English sports fans are fairly immune. But don't say you're going to say nothing when you clearly can't help yourself, you fat cretin.

ripper868

International Coach
Darren Lockyer:

He has been talking like that for the last coupla years mate, your rant is a bit like telling a baby to stop ****ting because it smells and looks gross.

not having a dig at ya mate.

French Rugby Commentators on Channel 10 and indeed Channel 10's coverage of Rugby

****, both of them...give me Gordon Bray anyday.

Tom Halsey

International Coach

Makes Ian Healy's commentary seem like a cross between John Arlott & the Dalai Lama. Shocking that such a reactionary, buffoonish borderline racist old **** is still employed by the BBC in this day and age.

Yesterday he ran through the rugby results, leaving out our horlicks versus the yarps and closed with "& I'm not going to say anything about the England result."

<Pause>

"Shocking."

Look, either take the piss or don't, frankly English sports fans are fairly immune. But don't say you're going to say nothing when you clearly can't help yourself, you fat cretin.
Yep, Green comfortably my biggest sporting gear grinder, with the exception of Jamie Carragher.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Football bureaucrats from Africa. Pretty much all inept, unimaginative and selfish wannabe politicians and ex-footballers the whole lot of them.

grecian

<Pause>

"Shocking."

Yep, Green comfortably my biggest sporting gear grinder,
In total agreement, I've ranted about it in the various football threads before. Utterly ruins my enjoyment of something I've loved since the radio 2 MW, days. Peter Jones must be turning in his grave.

Biased towards players and teams he advocates in his laughable phone-in, calls many decisions completely wrong, which we all do, but compounds it by being so trenchant about it. Telling players they should be "ashamed of themselves" for diving when they've been mugged or talking about a "shocking decision" by a ref when he's got it spot on. Seems to get it wrong about 80% of the time too, which is a fair average. Not remotely funny when he tries to be constantly, even at inappropriate times, like when he should be ****ing commentating.

He's an irritating pub bore who is never happier when he's whining or whinging. Unbelievable that the Beeb employ him. He gives a totally skewed idea of matches which if people can't get the telly pictures, he's the sole option. May possibly be a good option on Talksport as a shock-jock for those who like his brand of putrefying, miserly whimsy, but surely not an option for a public broadcaster.

Not a fan, tbh.....

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The commentators during any England football game

"Was John Terry offside? Hmm, borderline."

when he was really obviously offside. Moan and moan about decisions that go against England while choosing to completely ignore those that go for them. I hate them because they make it impossible for me to want England to win, which i'd really love to be able to do.

Langeveldt

Soutie
It's day-boo in Australia and New Zealand, and début everywhere else, thanks Paul Allott

SA being so rubbish at football - And it's supposed to be the majority sport these days