• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wayne Bridge or Ashley Cole?

Left back for England, Cole or Bridge?

• Total voters

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
With Cole out of tonights WC qualifier it's another chance for Bridge to earn another England cap.. but IMO i've always thought Bridge is a better full back than Cole, he offers more going forward and looks more comfortable with the ball.. he is certanley a better crosser than Cole, but Cole definatley edges it when it comes to tackling... what do you reckon? If Bridge played regular first team football I think he would be pushing cole for his place in the England XI...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bridge doesn't fill me with confidence, I think he's just an honest decent club quality player.

Ashley Cole has been one of England's best, most reliable players of recent times. So it's him by a fair margin.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Ashley Cole has been one of England's best, most reliable players of recent times. So it's him by a fair margin.
Tbh, he's becoming wildly over-rated because in recent times he hasn't been very good at all. Obviously he was excellent for a while, but since he signed for Chelsea he's been fairly crap.

Still him over Bridge, but a better side would have someone better than both.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On tonights performance, give it to Wayne. Extra plus-points in not having a complete merchant playing for you either:)