Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 254 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!

***Official NBA Thread***

Season gets underway in just over three weeks.

EA Sports have done an NBA Live 09 season preview with Lakers and Heat making the finals and Lakers champions.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Heat making the Finals is fanciful at best, so yeah avoid the NBA Live games like the plague The 2K series is so much better anyway.

But yeah, pumped up for this season to start. Got my fantasy account ready and my Sixers look stronger than they have for almost a decade. Tipping the Hornets to build on last season and make a serious run, and expecting the Blazers to be a really really good this year too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

the heat aren't making any finals this season..they are still in rebuilding mode and are just not ready to make any kind of push...in the east, it is the pistons, the celtics and the magic...lebron will carry the cavs into the playoffs but unless they make significant changes to their roster, they are not getting the celtics or a fully functioning pistons...

the west has the two most exciting young teams in the hornets and the lakers...the hornets retained all their young stars and added posey to the mix although for a ridiculous price for someone as old as posey...they are a legit contender...so are the lakers, jackson experimenting with bryant at small forward and and trying odom as a really big point guard...a starting five of bynum, gasol, bryant, odom/ariza and fisher is very good...and their bench is still pretty deep with walton, radmanovic, vujacic etc...their only significant loss was turiaf but doesn't make a huge difference to them...as for the spurs, they will be contenders but the team is just getting older and older, so are the suns...let's see how porter fashions a defensive-minded phoenix side with the current personnel...dallas will get into the playoffs and be a dangerous floater but they are not serious contenders this year i feel...the blazers may or may not make a big impact this year but that is a team full of promising young stars and a team who could dominate in 3-4 years' time...

Can see the Mavs,Suns and Nuggets dropping big time this year. Despite losing Brand I reckon the Clippers have drafted and signed well and could possibly be an outside chance of sneaking into 8th. I would've put the Kings in that category too but losing big on and well as Bibby makes htem the definition of a one man team and that won't cut it in the West.

Don't know why it will be this year but something tells me the Blazers will be very hot at some point this year. Still a couple of years away but they have an incredible mix of young talent right now which covers all bases in their side. Oden's impact will obviously be the biggest factor though.

Liking NJ's acquisitions too, I think they are building nicely over there but probably praying on winning the LBJ sweepstakes in 2010.

Will be interested to see how the addition of Moe Williams helps the Cavs. Hoping he can at least provide that 2nd reliable scoring option they obviously so depserately need, as well as giving them a half decent point guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Burger Time Champion!
    Was a decent player for the Bucks, so can see him adding something for the Cavs.

Anyone up for a fantasy league? Wouldn't mind setting up a CW on Yahoo if we got enough people to sign up. At least 10 or so to make it semi interesting.

Burger Time Champion!
    I'd be in.

Aight, well we'd need a few more. Probably in the next week or so because then I can set up the league and we can get our players ready for the draft and trade season. Wouldn't be too interesting drafting, talking smack and trading between two teams all season

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Yeah i'm up for it
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

will put a team in, that I'll likely forget about after not to long, but anyways.

Ron Artest scored 15 points in the season opener for Rockets...Big Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Anyone up for a fantasy league? Wouldn't mind setting up a CW on Yahoo if we got enough people to sign up. At least 10 or so to make it semi interesting.
    Count me In

Quote Originally Posted by JackPot View Post
    Ron Artest scored 15 points in the season opener for Rockets...Big Deal?
    It's only pre-season mate. And knwoing purely the number of points isn't enough. It's all about when they were scored, where they were scored from, shots taken/made and all other loads of ratings you'd get from the box scores.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    The 2K series is so much better anyway.
    Couldn't agree more.

Yeah I'm in for the fantasy league.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Page 1 of 254 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information