• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heat making the Finals is fanciful at best, so yeah avoid the NBA Live games like the plague ;) The 2K series is so much better anyway.

But yeah, pumped up for this season to start. Got my fantasy account ready and my Sixers look stronger than they have for almost a decade. Tipping the Hornets to build on last season and make a serious run, and expecting the Blazers to be a really really good this year too.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the heat aren't making any finals this season..they are still in rebuilding mode and are just not ready to make any kind of push...in the east, it is the pistons, the celtics and the magic...lebron will carry the cavs into the playoffs but unless they make significant changes to their roster, they are not getting the celtics or a fully functioning pistons...

the west has the two most exciting young teams in the hornets and the lakers...the hornets retained all their young stars and added posey to the mix although for a ridiculous price for someone as old as posey...they are a legit contender...so are the lakers, jackson experimenting with bryant at small forward and and trying odom as a really big point guard...a starting five of bynum, gasol, bryant, odom/ariza and fisher is very good...and their bench is still pretty deep with walton, radmanovic, vujacic etc...their only significant loss was turiaf but doesn't make a huge difference to them...as for the spurs, they will be contenders but the team is just getting older and older, so are the suns...let's see how porter fashions a defensive-minded phoenix side with the current personnel...dallas will get into the playoffs and be a dangerous floater but they are not serious contenders this year i feel...the blazers may or may not make a big impact this year but that is a team full of promising young stars and a team who could dominate in 3-4 years' time...

duffer

Can see the Mavs,Suns and Nuggets dropping big time this year. Despite losing Brand I reckon the Clippers have drafted and signed well and could possibly be an outside chance of sneaking into 8th. I would've put the Kings in that category too but losing big on and well as Bibby makes htem the definition of a one man team and that won't cut it in the West.

Don't know why it will be this year but something tells me the Blazers will be very hot at some point this year. Still a couple of years away but they have an incredible mix of young talent right now which covers all bases in their side. Oden's impact will obviously be the biggest factor though.

Liking NJ's acquisitions too, I think they are building nicely over there but probably praying on winning the LBJ sweepstakes in 2010.

Johnners

Will be interested to see how the addition of Moe Williams helps the Cavs. Hoping he can at least provide that 2nd reliable scoring option they obviously so depserately need, as well as giving them a half decent point guard.

duffer

Anyone up for a fantasy league? Wouldn't mind setting up a CW on Yahoo if we got enough people to sign up. At least 10 or so to make it semi interesting.

duffer

Aight, well we'd need a few more. Probably in the next week or so because then I can set up the league and we can get our players ready for the draft and trade season. Wouldn't be too interesting drafting, talking smack and trading between two teams all season ;)

Johnners

will put a team in, that I'll likely forget about after not to long, but anyways.

duffer

Ron Artest scored 15 points in the season opener for Rockets...Big Deal?
It's only pre-season mate. And knwoing purely the number of points isn't enough. It's all about when they were scored, where they were scored from, shots taken/made and all other loads of ratings you'd get from the box scores.

duffer

Alright so as of now we have:

MrWright
pinchy
Clapo
Jackpot
nightprowler
duffer

up for the Fantasy league. If we can get 2-3 more then we'll have a good number for a competitive division and I'll get cracking setting it up.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Hoping that the TimberWolves can do better this season after last year's dismal performenace and hope that the Raptors can make a surge up in the East as well

duffer

Mike Miller and Kevin Love will help for sure. If O'Neal stays healthy he'll add some toughness which was very lacking for the Raptors as well.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Alright so as of now we have:

MrWright
pinchy
Clapo
Jackpot
nightprowler
duffer

up for the Fantasy league. If we can get 2-3 more then we'll have a good number for a competitive division and I'll get cracking setting it up.
i'm in...