Page 99 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3491
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

Jennings. Wow. Looks like the real deal. He put up 29 in the 3rd Q, 12/13 from the field!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Isn't he carrying an ankle injury of some sort? Was sure I read that yesterday, which could be some of the reason.
    Yeah at the beginning of the season. He missed preseason because of it so he came in to the season without much preparation and I think that's effected his play more than anything, he just seems out of rhythm. If the ankle injury is still a problem its news to me, though it could be he's taking it easy not to risk injuring it again. His minutes have dwindled quite a bit as well. Honestly, we'd be screwed without Hinrich.

EDIT: LBJ giving up #23 for #6 at the end of the season out of respect to MJ.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 15-11-2009 at 07:55 AM.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    EDIT: LBJ giving up #23 for #6 at the end of the season for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Fixed.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Fixed.
    Haha, yeah was talking about this at work and was the general consensus. Thinking it might have to do with creating his own identity and not living in MJ's shadow for the rest of his life. Dislike him for the reason that he keeps trying to be Mike tbh.

Alternately, it could be a precursor to him going to a town where 23 is already retired, like say Chicago.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Alternately, it could be a precursor to him going to a town where 23 is already retired, like say Chicago.
    Or Miami. (Yeah, right)

I read somewhere that he wants the entire league to retire #23 like the NHL did for Gretzky, and the MLB for Robinson, or someone.
    orz

Jordan is releasing his new 25th Anniversary Shoe or something, and retiring it throughout the league would be a massive marketing tool for it.

No way should it be retired across the board though. Jackie Robinson broke down barriers, MJ just globalized the game.

Jax to Cats for Bell and Vlade? Heh, careful what you wish for. Personally love Captain Jack so I was hoping he'd go to a contender but looks like Nellie did his best to screw him over. Nixing trades to the Spurs and to Cleveland. Harsh, harsh result for the guy.

International Captain Agent TBY's Avatar
    Think he never wanted to go to Cleveland in the first place, tbf.

Nah, he loves the East and he wants to play for a contender so I doubt going to be Lebron and Shaq's sidekick would've caused him too much grief. Larry Brown is a great fit for him as a coach but that team is going nowhere and fast.

Also, just saw Big Dave play lights out against the Lakers. So awesome, he had it at CSKA and is showing his touch and brains in the NBA now. He has a place in the league and hopefully he keeps getting the chance to show it. The Aussie bigs are all doing well so far, now all we need is Patty to come back from injury and it'd be so awesome for the Boomers.

apparently iverson is going to the knicks...the soap opera continues...

NBA.com has a poll going for the best playoff performance this decade. Some good ones to pick from but I voted for AI's 48 in the finals. That series got me back into basketball in a post-MJ world.

Not sure if I've mentioned it but I hate George Karl. Team is 12 up in the first quarter so he puts in scrubs and I watch in shock at the Clippers go on a 19-0 run. We trail by 19 late in the third come back to 92-90 so he changes the defensive rotations.

First possesion Thornton is trying to post up so he gets JR to double and leave Butler open on the perimeter. Next time up Kaman is facing up from mid range and Chauncey doubles leaving Davis open for 3. Fmd, we chose uncontested 3's over contested mid range shots? Madness, 98-90 with 4 to go and momentum to the Clippers. Embaressing loss. Will never win a championship with this guy as coach.

Thread Information