• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Boston will never live down all the second chance points they allowed in the first. FMD I hate the Lakers, but they just wanted it more.

Ray Allen reminded me of Gordon when he was with the Bulls last season. He's been so inconsistent. Sickens me that he broke Pippen's record.

Well done to the Lakers though, their D was just incredible.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahh, didn't know this, any idea who in particular they're shopping around? Assuming Mo & Delonte?
Yeah, their backcourt is their major concern right now but I'd say they desperately need first round picks especially in a deep draft like this as their team is ancient and their best prospect in Hickson is not going to be anything more than above average.

I think sorting their management issue out would be the first step. Lebron was first domino that was meant to fall this off season but increasingly it looks like what Phil Jackson might do could be the trigger to the whole thing.

Draft next week is obviously their main focus right now, although without a General Manager or coach it's really really tricky drafting players when you have no idea what your new guys want to do with the team. That would be a major worry for me.

Johnners

Talk of Jackson moving from the Lakers? ITSTL, Where to in particular, Cavs? Knicks?

Quite excited about the draft tbh, going to make my friday perhaps a little more exciting than it otherwise would have been (work incredibly slow as per usual at this time of year :p) Turner a lock at 2 you think?

duffer

Nah, he's got health problems. If he's medically cleared to come back I can't see him leaving a team that's nailed on for a probable 3 peat.

If the LA job becomes available then all bets arew off really. They'd have their pick of all coaches out there, guys like McMillan, Scott , Brooks, van Gundy etc would be available to them it becomes about who Kobe wants instead of who Lebron wants.

Think Wall-Turner is a certainty but after that there's no real hierachy between the players like before. A deep draft with a lot of players interchangeable. Reckon all hell is going to break loose regarding activity on draft day.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Read back a bit and really happy to see other CWers taking an interest. :)

I only really started understanding basketball (strategies etc) just a couple of years back and found watching a decent game a very rewarding experience. Duffer is someone who really gets the sport IMO and I always enjoy reading his posts and pick up a lot from his analyses.

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think he's better than Magic and imo Wilt, West or Kareem but has passed guys like Shaq, Baylor, Worthy etc. Definitely will have a legacy to rival the best when it's all said and done.
i think at this point, only magic and kareem are arguably ahead of him...

Johnners

Indeed, can't wait.

Thoughts on Bucks/GSW trade (Gadzuric & C.Bell for Maggette)? Maggette is a bit of a gunner isn't he? Be interesting with him, Redd, Salmons & Jennings all on the same team (assuming Salmons doesn't opt out?)

duffer

I'm in disbelief in Wes Johnson's rising stock and Derrick Favors' falling one. Total NBA fail if Johnson goes at 3 and Favors falls out of the top 6.

Johnners

Yeah don't get why the Nets would be seriously considering him at 3 with Favours/Cousins still on the board. Would have thought another big would be far more beneficial for their team make-up.

Johnners

Assuming it's the "NBA ready" thing? From what i read, is the only thing I can gather that makes him more appealing to the nets :S

Johnners

Any suggestions for following the draft online? Usually just use ESPN for NBA events, but is there a better place?

Johnners

Wasn't the Johnson pick, but all the picks thereafter, just seemed much the same as last draft, except this time instead of picking PG's they were picking SF's. Quite possible i've missed a trade somewhere though (apart from the Webster one?)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Will be interesting to see how Cousins goes next year and over his career.

He is super long (his knuckles nearly drag on the ground), put up great numbers in College and people have been hot on him for a while.

On the other side, we all know about his supposed immaturity but Im not sure enough is being made of his lack of athleticism. Having long arms certainly helps but he is combined one of the worst jumpers, slowest runners and fattest players in the last 10 years of the draft. He doesnt have the abilty to compete up at and around the rim in the NBA and that will hurt him.

So many red flags.