• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the better team won! i feel really sorry for nash but that's it...lebron can put up great stats but kobe is still the best player of this era and one of the greatest big-time players of all time....the celtics are the better team going into the finals but part of that is probably canceled out by l.a's home court advantage, hopefully the series will be a classic...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kobe and Bron aren't really the same era are they? I mean, they're both playing now I guess, but LBJ isn't even at his prime yet, and when he is, Kobe will be retired.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kobe is only 31 tbh. He has a lot of miles on his legs for his age but is as athletic and durable as they come and takes exceptional care of himself. If he picks up his fifth this season he could easily overtake MJ's total number of rings (although his first three came as a #2) and solidify himself in the top 10 all time (possibly top 5).

Lebron has a long way to go to get near him, as physically gifted as he is.

But yeah, **** the Lakers. Such a despicable franchise with the most vapid ****s of a fanbase. Need Boston to win this.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Kobe could play to 40 and still be a dominant scorer (like MJ), he won't lose some of the moves he has. Pretty meh finals seeing as I hate both teams although hoping for another ring for Sheed and few tech fouls along the way.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Don't see how a Lakers/Celtics finals can ever be considered meh. The alternatives would've all been meh.

And there's no way that Kobe keeps dominating until he's 40. I'd say he has another two or three All-NBA years left in him. You can already see the toll on his body.

duffer

He came into the league at 18 though, he won't be playing past 35 at any level worthy of his name imo.
Yeah, I know about the miles he has done but think he has more than enough to be a predator in the playoffs for another 2 or 3 years at least.

With the team and coach he has right now I'd back him to get to 5 or 6 at least. Possibly 7 if he wins it this year. He gets there and he's passing all the great Lakers for rings and is putting himself into the MJ conversation.

To reiterate however, **** the Lakers. **** them off so so badly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
To reiterate however, **** the Lakers. **** them off so so badly.
why the hate? at the very least it is a franchise that has showcased a number of exceptional players...what did they do to piss you off like that?

duffer

why the hate? at the very least it is a franchise that has showcased a number of exceptional players...what did they do to piss you off like that?
More 90% of their fanbase are either celebs, bandwagoners or dead****s. They're the Manchester United of the NBA at the very least. I've probably met a handful (being generous) of Lakers fans who know their basketball and follow them like real supporters.

edit: a more politically correct post now.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
What were the alternatives? Cleveland? Orlando? The Jazz? The Suns?

This is the NBA. "Teams you like" making the Finals doesn't happen because of the seven game format. You'd have to be a pretty casual basketball fan to blow off Lakers/Celtics, though.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I have favourite players and teams, sorry. I don't particularly care about any of the players on either of these teams (other than Ray of course), strongly dislike their best players (Kobe, Pierce, Rondo, Pau) and don't have a lot of love for either franchise. I'll still watch each game and enjoy the series, but I don't have to like it and I personally couldn't give a **** what you think of that.

End.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah it's like people want to see inferior teams get through...
Serena is a superior tennis player, yet you always want her out, because you dislike her. Which is fair enough.

Guess the same is for people here with the Lakers.

Have a friend who hates the Lakers so bad. He's pretty pissed off right now.

Reckons Kobe has been a mega ass-hole in the media lately. True?

I have another mate who swears by Kobe. I thought I'd rile him up and say that whilst Kobe was good, he wasn't fit to tie the shoe laces of this man, who was the best basketballer I've ever seen:

:ph34r:

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Also, is is true that Phil Jackson has never lost a series when his team has won the first game?