• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any news on what's happening with Mills, duffer? I know he's out with a foot injury, but is there any chance he'll get a start at the Blazers?
Won't even get their last roster spot imo. Will probably go to Ime Udoka or Jared Collins. Poor Paddy has had no luck, he looked a sure fire first rounder last year then injured his stroke hand, came back and played pretty poorly and had a terrible time of it at the Combine by all accounts.

Then when he finally does get drafted he breaks his foot right before Summer League tips off. Really painful that it looks like a scrubber like Collins might make their squad as opposed to him. Hopefully he goes to Europe and plays and gets paid well over there.

He wasn't going to get anything at Portland tbh with Miller, Blake, Bayless all in front of him. The best imo he could have hoped for is to do really well in the Summer League and have some team trade for him. Maybe the NBA in a few years after some time in Europe like Dave Andersen.

duffer

Heh, shows what I know Blazers sign Mills. He has three far more credentialed PG's ahead of him though. Wouldn't be surprised if they sent him down for most of the season. So so happy for the guy though. Wag.

Hoggy31

International Captain
nice, could've signed him before the new 2k came out though.

speaking of which, my association Pistons thus far:

Stuckey
Gordon
Prince
Villanueva
Kaman
- - - - -
Maxiell
Wallace
Bynum
Telfair
Daye
Antoine Wright
Wilcox
Dupree

Traded Hamilton :(, Jebreko and Kwame for Kaman, Telfair and 2 2nd round picks, then traded those for Antoine Wright and signed Dupree for depth. Finally getting used to Gordon's stroke and murdered the Suns just before, still a poor start has me out of contention. Telfair has been good and allows me to rotate Stuckey through SG more.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sticking with the Bulls' regular rotation thus far. Rose, Salmons, Deng, Thomas, Noah starting with Slo-Mo Miller, Hinrich, Johnson, Gibson coming off the bench. Made a mistake and put Amir in the draft class as the top pick. Will have to trade heavily next season to get him in the team.

duffer

Apparently the new rule is that if Portland hadn't offered Patty a contract he would've become a free agent. So what teams do is offer them a derisory minimum non guaranteed contract and hope they say no as then they would become ineligible for other NBA teams and can go play in Europe while Portland holds their rights.

Patty however signed the lowball offer and is probably hoping Portland waive him so he can go anywhere in the NBA to a team who wants him.

Oh and this is hilarious Still lolling at the Birdman and Amare.

Johnners

Awesome for Mills :)

Just hope he gets a bit of game-time when fit again, or at least gets traded to somewhere where he will.

Jawai to dominate 8|

duffer

Jawai to the Timberwolves. ITSTL.
K-Love to have hand surgery, apparently Jefferson's achilles is more or less shredded (real bad news for a post player). Nate could see some floor time there early doors. The fact the Wolves gave up a protected to no 55 (more or less nothing at all) to get him isn't exactly flattering but whatever.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Big Nate throwin' down, can't wait.

Just had the most epic game of 2k10 ever, 3 pt double OT loss to the Knicks. Went from getting killed at 1/2 time to get up in the last and then Chandler hits a 3 to tie with seconds left, after some intense play Gordon, who'd dropped 26 (6 min qtrs) to that point, misses the 3 to force OT3 :( **** David Lee up the ****ing ass btw, should call the game David Lee Rebounding 2010.

Association going nicely, 10th in east but got a gun young offensive unit - got Wall at 3 in the draft and Cousins at 18, then traded Bynum for Greg Monroe, will be unbeatable in 2 seasons.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Loving playing as Chicago. Rose is incredible in this game. Averaging 30/15 :laugh: Had a really good game against the Cavs, a total rollercoaster ride with both teams leading by as much as 10 points at one point or another. Sicked Tyrus on LBJ on offense and kept him under 60% until the end where he just took off and took the game into OT. Won by 2 pts to give the Cavs their first loss thanks to Tyrus again, but had my heart pounding throughout.

Really looking forward to next season when I can make a go for some big names.

Hoggy31

International Captain
**** yes, double header on One and I'll be home to view. Griffin out though, was looking forward to checking him out. Boston to take it at Cleveland imo.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Double header on Friday as well.

EDIT: And I'd be blown away if the Celtics won in Cleveland. Something like the last 10 clashes between them have gone to homecourt and I'd be shocked to see it change.

Last edited:

duffer

Do y'all want a CW fantasy league for this season? Let us know and if we have enough I'll get one popping on Yahoo. Got a couple of weeks before the deadlines.

duffer

Yeah, if we get 5 or 6 at least we should have a pretty good league going. Let us aknow in the next few days.

As it stands I have:

Clapo
duffer