• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder how early Mills will got 2nd round :unsure:

It seems those on the ball don't lie blog aren't particularly fond of him.

duffer

**** me, Patty will go lower than Jawai. Jerebko going to Detroit, like it a lot. Great pick at #40.

duffer

#56!?

****ing hell, that's disappointing. Hope he makes their roster, especially since they are trying to get a starting PG. Tough road from here.

Hoggy31

International Captain
lol poor guy, 3 somewhat less touted PG's get taken in a row.

Budinger at 44! has cult figure potential. Detroit done very nicely.

Last edited:

duffer

The word seems to be that the Warriors drafted Steph so they can push the Amare deal over the hump. An Amare for Biedrins + Wirght/Bellineli + Curry would be a massiive massive home run for Phoenix. Would be completely redeeming for Kerr imo.

I feel bad for the guy, the Suns owner has lost most of his fortune and it seems clear that the team has to cut cost or else. If he can get some stud young players who Nellie would otherwise ruin then they have done really well. Feel sorry for their fans, up there with the most loyal in the league, now it is being blown up. Hope they can find a new buyer for the team.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Tyrus could be on the move according to some articles I read. Why else would they draft one of his clones? Not happy right now. I've always seen Tyrus as a long term Bulls player and would much sooner lose Deng, Gordon, Noah. Of course I wouldn't be complaining if trading him brings us Bosh...

duffer

Who are they targeting?

Wrt to the Bulls, I thought there were far better players available at their spots(Gibson at 26 is a huge reach) but the guys they got fit in to what their current needs are and should contribute here and there straight away. Just hope them overpaying for role players doesn't hurt them in trades later.

Also, Rubio's dad says he wants to go back to ACB League for 1 or 2 seasons. Which might explain why Sota took Flynn straight after. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He'll be a starter for Joventut next year (they just traded their veteran PG) and the minutes will help him develop and get him NBA ready. Watch this space I guess, Knicks are busting a gut to trade for him and going to NYC might change his plans.

Last edited:

duffer

Rumours abound that Houston are trying their best to shop McGrady to anyone.

Feel sad seeing him like this, he used to be arguably the sickest baller to watch in his heyday. Would be so so good to see him and A.I bounce back and have huge seasons next time around.

Oh and as far as next year's draft goes, pretty much lock this guy in as the #1 pick. **** me dead, he is a freak of nature, if you thought Rose had hops he combines it with Monta Ellis like speed and handles. Even in a strong draft class think we have a standout.

duffer

*swoons*

Also anyone heard this conversation on youtube between Brandon Jennings and rapper Joe Budden?

The kid is a nutjob and grade A douchebag. He trashes Rubio, the Knicks and even his own teamates Sessions and Ridnour all in a 5 minute conversation. If they take it down I'll post a transcript later but this **** gotta be seen to be believed.

EDIT: Actually they cut some stuff out of that. Here's most of the transcript:

On next season in Milwaukee ...

Budden: You better worry about Ramon Sessions, diggin' in your a**, pause.
Jennings: He's not going to be here. [inaudible] That money is going to Charlie.
Budden: N****, Ramon Sessions is gonna be there.
Jennings: I doubt it.
Budden: They ain't go no other guards.
Jennings: Ridnour.
Budden: N****, get that bum-a** n**** outta here.
Jennings: He's going to be a backup.
Budden: To who?
Jennings: To who? Who else n****?

On what happened on draft night ...

Budden: Who was hatin' on you?
Jennings: Jay Bilas.
Budden: What happened? You ran in the draft late or some dumb s*** like a loser?
Jennings: No, I was at the hotel. This is what happened right. My agent is like "Well, we ain't hear nothing .We ain't have no guarantee." So we makin' phone calls and s*** and n***** is saying like "The workouts is great and everything and he's the best point guard but we don't know yet, we just don't know."
Budden: They didn't say that about Rick Rubio, number one, and number two they didn't say you the best point guard. They said your jump shot is shaky, you got some potential, but your work ethic is bull****. You averaged 3 points.
Jennings: You're a liar. I know you're lying now.
Budden: I'm just telling you what they said.
Jennings: That ain't nothing but a college person.
Budden: Just tell me what happened. You end up running in the draft? I tunred it off after that.
Jennings: No, n****, I came out there and made my appearance n**** and I had the best appearance out of all them n******. And I was the best dressed, they said, by the way. I was the best dressed.

On whether he'll start next season ...

Budden: You think you gonna start for real though?
Jennings: I don't know, actually, I really don't know.
Budden: I heard that n**** Scott Skiles is an a**h***.
Jennings: That n**** tough, that n**** tough though. There must be a reason he liked me. There must be a reason.

On Ricky Rubio and the Knicks ...

Budden: Let me know when Minnesota get there. So I can watch Rubio light your f****** a** up. I never seen a n**** hate on Rubio so much.
Jennings: [inaudible]
Budden: You know what's funny? You're the only guard in the draft talking s*** about Rubio.
Jennings: The other n***** are scared.
Budden: What are you going to do when Rubio comes to the Knicks?
Jennings: Rubio is not coming, they are not giving up Rubio. You got Jordan Hill, you happy with that?
Budden: I don't really know enough about Jordan Hill to be happy ... I'm happy with Toney Douglas.
Jennings: I know they were booing this n****.
Budden: What does that mean? They boo everybody n****.
Jennings: If it was Stpehen Curry, them n***** would've went crazy in there.
Budden: Shut the f*** up, you don't even know nothing about New York basketball.
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** skipped out on me.
Budden: Oh man, you feel to the Knicks like I do about Jay-Z? [Laughs] Yo, the Knicks is your Jay-Z?
Jennings: F*** the Knicks, them n***** is always going to be weak.
Budden: This is where I f****** hang up on your f****** ass for talking stupid.
Jennings: Duhon ain't gonna get it done.

Last edited:

duffer

The Rockets and Yao’s reps are frightened over his future, and the concern is the most base of all: Does Yao Ming ever play again?

“The realization has hit them that this is grave,” one NBA general manager said.

For now, the Rockets have privately told league peers it could be a full season before Yao might be able to return to basketball. Multiple league executives, officials close to Yao and two doctors with knowledge of the diagnoses are describing a troubling re-fracture of his navicular bone. Three pins were inserted a year ago, but the foot cracked in the playoffs and isn’t healing.

“It sounds like he’s missing most of next season, if not the entire 82 games,” one league executive who has had recent discussions with the Houston front office told Yahoo! Sports. “That’s all that [the Rockets] will concede quietly, but they know it’s probably much worse.”

After Yahoo! Sports first reported the severity of Yao’s injury, Rockets team physician Tom Clanton conceded franchise’s fears to the Houston Chronicle.

“At this point, the injury has the potential for him missing this next season and could be career threatening,” Clanton said. “One of the things we are trying to get is a consensus opinion on that, to make certain there is no option we are overlooking that would provide an earlier return or would be an option for treatment that he would prefer rather than doing additional surgery.”

That saddens me. A helluva lot actually.

duffer

JR Smith going to prison. Damn.

EDIT: Oh and the Pistons fire Michael Curry. About 3/4 of a season too late. Well done that franchise.

Last edited: