• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
richard jefferson gives the spurs a shot in the arm...and bowen and oberto might rejoin s.a anyway, now if healthy they have 4 credible scoring options....

the suns are fading fast, outside of amare they don't have a dominant player and amare isn't good enough to do it by himself....although i am not convinced that shaq is the missing piece of the puzzle for the cavs...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Any recommendations as to where I can follow the draft tomorrow online duffer (not streaming etc. but a text coverage)? Have never really done so before, but with Mills/Ingles a chance of getting picked I'm keen to follow :)

duffer

Chris Broussard on ESPN radio seems to think that a Hinrich to Portland for Outlaw, Batum, Fernandez and picks is in the works.

Would be a disastrous trade for the Western Conference, a good point guard with size is all Portland needs to be really scary. Not happy if this goes down, hopefully Chicago don't do this.

duffer

Any recommendations as to where I can follow the draft tomorrow online duffer (not streaming etc. but a text coverage)? Have never really done so before, but with Mills/Ingles a chance of getting picked I'm keen to follow :)
Not sure but places like draftexpress, espn, nba.com will have some live blogs going. Draftexpres is a great site, might do a live posting thing here if I can get something going at work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Johnners

Ah rightio, I just assumed nba.com would really only have a video coverage, but will have a look. Cheers :)

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Would be very sad to see Hinrich go. He's been incredible for us off the bench. Everyone shouts me down when I say it but we should look into trading Gordon for a big if he signs. Not positive about Kirk's contract situation or his own intentions, but don't wanna lose him.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The New Jersey Nets have agreed to a trade in principle with the Magic that will send Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson to Orlando for Rafer Alston, Tony Battie and Courtney Lee, two league sources told ESPN.com.

Sounds good.

Also possibly Jamaal Crawford to the Hawks - bad move in my books.

duffer

Hedo's more or less out the door and looking to get paid so this was his replacement. Pietrus can start now, but they have lost some depth with Lee, Skip and Battie all regular contributors for them.

Got a good stream going, will blog this up today.

Last edited:

duffer

Poor Blake, wish you well son.

1.Griffin
2.Thabeet - There is a god, Rubio won't be a Grizzlies player.
3.Harden - Holy ****, they're gonna regret this. If Ricky falls to #5, Wizards will be kicking themselves silly. Although Harden, Westbrook, Durant is as athletic and explosive as they come.
4.Evans - Wow, although I like this pick for them. Rubio dropping to 5 or later is crazy. Sota struck gold here, they can get Rubio + DeRozan or another of the talented wignmen here.
5.Rubio - Nice, great fit. Nice bandwagon to be jumping on too. Looking forward to next season big time.
6. Flynn - Okay, wtf? Two PG's in a row? Has to be a trade in the works here.
7.Curry - Ouch, Knicks fans shattered here. Great pick for the Warriors though. Just hope Nellie doesn't destroy him like all the other young talent they have. But he fits like a glove there.
8.J.Hill - Haha, and he gets booed like every other Knicks pick ever. But this guy is great, lots of people compare him to a young Amare. D'Antoni will love working with this guy. He's already an elite athlete in the NBA and has a nice mid range.
9. DeRozan - Heap of potential but is apparently a bit slow in the head.
10- Jennings to Milwaukee. Like this guy, has AI type quickness. Could be real good, a nice insurance policy in case Sessions skips town.
11. Williams - Makes sense, a good swingman with some game to replace the one they just let go. A SG who struggles with his shot is a worry though.
12. Henderson - Not sure what type of burn he'll get there with Wallace and Bell both getting 35+ minutes a night. With Felton looking to leave after his contract ends, maybe a PG would've helped them more.
13. Hansbrough - Woah, perfect spot for him I guess. With Foster and Murphy both on the down slope he fills in there nicely.
14. Clark - Nice, my pick to be a major sleeper in this draft.
15. Austin Daye - Damn, watched a lot of the Zags last year, this guy is a beast shot blocker, a good size upgrade on Amir who they traded away. Will learn a heap from a guy like Dice.
16 James Johnson - Guy is a nut. Budding MMA fighter he's a powerhouse.
17. Holiday - Really happy for him to fall here. Dre isn't the answer long term and Holiday has a heap of talent and could be something as a PG in an up tempo team like Philly.
18. Ty Lawson - The ****? 3 top PG talents. What the ****?
19. Teague - Wow, all the top PG's are being eaten up now. Bibby has some competition now.
20. Maynor - Backup for Deron I guess. Good size and defence, a handy player to have.
21. Collison - Backup for Paul, shame they didn't take Patty here. Think he's a second rounder now :(
22. Claver to Portland - Interesting to see how his buyout works for them but he is excellent. Really excellent. Not one for now imo, will kill their cap.
23. Casspi - First Isreali NBA player, impressed a heap during the combine apparently has a great mid range game. Looking forward to seeing this, the only time I've seen him was a Euroleague game against Spartak and he was everywhere.
24. Mullens - A big big fella. Will get plenty of court time when Dampier picks up his customary early fouls. Not sure if he's ready though.
25. Beaubois - Point guard from the same place as Pietrus. Not seen any of him but he has jets apparently. Being traded to Dallas for Mullens apparently.
26. Gibson - USC player, great defender. Will definitely help them.
27. Carroll - Seriously could've used their second rounder on him. Doesn't really have a position but can guard a lot of different types.
28. Ellington - 4th guard to Twolves but at least he's a SG. Can't see the Knicks taking Patty, the Cavs are his only hope now.
29. Toney Douglas - Knicks trying to draft defenders now.
30. Eyenga - They were trying to trade up for Earl Clark and this guy is a similar type of player. Blair, Mills, Summers, Budinger all drop to the 2nd round.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
****, Vince at Orlando. Certainly liking the team much more now. Still my fave is old Vincy, still pure points as well. Could be perfect for the Magic in their push for a ring, he's exactly what they were lacking.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
****, Pacers take Tyler @ 13!

I'd read his stock was rising due to his superb workouts but that's really high, awesome! Was hoping he'd go to a team I'd get to watch a fair bit though.

duffer

Holy **** the Nuggz traded the Bobcat pick for Lawson? very very nice. So chuffed with that, him playing under Chauncey and AC being booted out made my day really.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Holy **** the Nuggz traded the Bobcat pick for Lawson? very very nice. So chuffed with that, him playing under Chauncey and AC being booted out made my day really.
Yeah, following the Balls Don't Lie live-blog and was pumped when Skeets announced it. **** yeah Lawson!

Strange that Blair still hasn't gone though.

duffer

If he falls to 34 it's like Christmas coming early for a Nuggz fan. Fingers crossed. ALthough there's a Euro big by the name of Jonas Jerebko I'd love at that spot too. He's like Kleiza if he wasn't a *****.

duffer

Haha the Knicks got rid of Q-Brick. Darko for one year there could be funny. They need a centre who can board and move.