• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a chance. He has huge upside but is still so raw it isn't funny. Is a killer on the run but will struggle in the halfcourt at the NBA level. A 15-20 minute player on a team which likes to gun is perfect for him but they aren't going to use a lottery pick on him, especially with a stacked PG draft this year. Prrobably a good thing too, Don Nelson is like kryptonite to a young players development. Keep as far the **** away as possible imo.

Also, if this happens someone please revoke the T'Wolves NBA license. Them and Memphis can please **** off, disgraceful franchises. Praying to god Ricky doesn't land up there.

duffer

Article saying the Wolves have offered Big Al + their 6th for Amare and his huge final year contract. **** that.

duffer

Instead of working out for the Grizzlies, Thabeet stayed in Los Angeles to talk Thunder general manager Sam Presti into drafting him with the third overall pick.

"They don't spend any money anymore. They don't have a commitment to put a winning team on the floor right now. It's not where an agent wants to send his star pick," one source said of Memphis.

Thabeet, Ricky Rubio and Stephen Curry have all refused workouts with the Grizzlies.

lolz, goddamn just move them back to Vancouver or give Seattle their Sonics back. They don't want to compete and top players will avoid the place like the plague. Joke franchise, but at least Lakers fans will still love them.

duffer

Can a played in the draft refuse to play for the team that's drafted them?
Yep, they don't have to sign on the dotted line but they won't be able to play in the NBA unless their team trades their draft rights to someone else. A guy like Rubio if he really wanted to would stay in Spain and earn millions waiting for the Grizzlies to trade him to a NY or something.

duffer

"Chad Ford
Hold on one second ... A GM just callled .. breaking trade ... one minute

Chad Ford
The trade is Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto and Kurt Thomas ... more coming in just a second. Deal is agreed to in principle with a trade call coming later today"

Broken on Chad Ford's draft chat

Holy **** that's nice. Timmay will make sure Jefferson tows the line in the team and all of a sudden they look sharp again.

Provided they can wrap Manu up in cotton wool for the post season and they bring Mahinmi or another of their solid Euro bigs over to the NBA they look nasty again.

Milwaukee however have just tanked away next season. They'll save $15 of salary in 2010 and be able to re-sign Sessions and Charlie V but wow their team just went deeper into the lottery.

Also The Washington Wizards have agreed in principle to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye(notes) and Mike Miller(notes) for Etan Thomas(notes), Oleksiy Pecherov(notes) and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday’s NBA draft, a league executive with knowledge of the deal told Yahoo! Sports.

The teams are still working out details but the deal is expected to be consummated.

Think the Wizards did okay with their pick but the T'Wolves could come out huge winners if whoever they take at 5 goes anywhere near their potential. Especially now they can get two of Harden, Curry, Evans,Holiday and the like. If the Wizards stay healthy next season that's a lot of quality depth they've acquired. Could be fun to watch in the East.

Last edited:

duffer

Like I died and went to heaven. Major props to that man who made that.

EDIT: Got myself a work from home day on Friday, might do a draft live blog again this year.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha.

"How the hell can I make my teammates better by practise" (with an awesome beat).

Nice link.

Last edited:

duffer

Durant, Westbrook, Green and Rubio all on the same team. Good god that would be so awesome.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Durant, Westbrook, Green and Rubio all on the same team. Good god that would be so awesome.
Mouth watering prospect tbh.

[nba2k9] Gutted that in my game I'm gonna have to get rid of Nene to free up some cash to resign my core players next year. Its between him and Gooden and the latter brings a similar skill set for about 6 mil less. *kicks around a can* [/nba2k9]

Agent TBY

International Captain
[nba2k9] Gutted that in my game I'm gonna have to get rid of Nene to free up some cash to resign my core players next year. Its between him and Gooden and the latter brings a similar skill set for about 6 mil less. *kicks around a can* [/nba2k9]
I'm using the PC version of the Neon Project rosters, and it makes the salaries a lot more manageable, imo. Every player isn't above lvl 80 and doesn't ask for 10 ****ing mil.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
When's the draft?

Oh, and would y'all like me to remove the 08/09 from the thread, and make it just the NBA thread? Or do you want a new thread for next year?

duffer

Draft is tomorrow.

From the Simmons blog:

So that's your new team, Blake Griffin. You have 33 straight years of bad luck working against you. You're entering a world of "Tonight Show" putdowns and half-empty buildings. You're playing for the worst possible owner and the worst possible coach for the Lakers' ugly stepbrother in Los Angeles. You're dealing with a dwindling fan base that's almost supernaturally depressed at this point. You will be the 18th forward they drafted with a top-nine draft pick since 1976. None of them lasted longer than six seasons on the Clippers. Not one.

Since 1976, the Clippers have drafted only one player who made an All-Star team as a Clipper: Danny Manning in 1993 and 1994. Think about that for a second. It's impossible. It's absolutely true. They made 38 first-round picks since 1980; you will be No. 39. They earned a top-10 pick 23 times since the '76 draft; of those 23 times, 12 were in the top four and three were No. 1 overall. They failed to turn the first 21 chances into a Hall of Famer, borderline Hall of Famer or perennial All-Star. The 22nd chance was Gordon; the 23rd chance is you. The odds are against both of you.

He spends the whole the whole article breaking down the Clipper curse over the past 33 years. Was hilarious. Good luck to Griffin tbh, just glad they aren't drafting Rubio.

duffer

The Cleveland Cavaliers have reached an agreement in principle to acquire Phoenix Suns center Shaquille O’Neal(notes), a league source told Yahoo! Sports late Thursday night.

Cleveland will send Ben Wallace(notes), Sasha Pavlovic(notes), the 46th pick in Thursday’s draft and cash to the Suns for O’Neal.

ohmigodohmigodohmigod

duffer

I think Steve Kerr is on crack though. If they wanted to rebuild they should've found a way to get back their first rounder next year from OKC, now they're going to blow balls this season and not get the payoff of a loaded draft at the end of it. They probably need to get something real nice for Amare or they'll struggle for a long time.