• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you have to admit the cavs other than james were really outplayed in this series...it was just a bad matchup for them...
Don't deny it. Said it a few games ago, I was worried about this match-up for the Cavs since round 1 of the play-offs. Just don't particularly like either the Magic or the Lakers, so makes the finals a bit meh for me :(

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nah, like the Magic, though not more than Cavs and Nuggs. Will be supporting them against the Lakers though I suspect its a lost cause.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
It's a strange finals, but the Magic proved that their regular season records over the Celtics and Cavs was no anamoly. They actually swept the Lakers this season, so they'll wanna hold home court with the 2-3-2 split. I'm surprised the Magic got this far with Howard still being relatively immature, but this is a weird period in NBA history.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
AWTA. And I don't mind cheering for the Lakers. Love him or hate him, Kobe is a baller. It's a treat to watch him play.
yep...i have difficulty seeing the magic as a genuine championship contender(although they obviously are one)...a bunch of perimeter jump shooters + mr. elbow-anyone-who-comes-near-him in the low post is not really a balanced team...contrast that with the lakers who are as complete a team as i have seen in a good while...if l.a plays to potential, they should win this convincingly...however if they play the hit-and-miss game they have shown so far and dwight manages to break a couple of l.a bones(although he is just as likely to fracture some magic bones), then the magic have a chance...

duffer

I wouldn't call the lakers a complete team by any stretch of the imagination. They probably have more weapons than orlando but they're still reliant on their best two players showing up for them to win a playoff game. They've had sporadic support from others but for me they don't have a consistent post up threat against Howard and their point guard play is very mediocre nowadays.

Orlando's weakness is they will still live and die by whether their shot falls on any given day, but going by the two regular seaosn games they played they can hang with the Lakers provided their defence is on. Jameer back in the rotation is a risk, because it might jolt thechemistry they've built up but could be a huge gain if he can be productive. He is miles and away the best Point in the series, if his crossover is working then good luck to Fish and Brown staying in front of him and opens up a massive opportunity for an easy mid-range game as opposed to their current scheme of chuck it to Dwight and kick out to the arc.

And Anil aren't you a Kobe fan? Big lol at trying to paint Dwight as being a dirty player when Kobe and others on the team have been involved in more than their fair share of elbow throwing and rough play.

duffer

A ****load of Patty Mills stories being floated around these days. Here's one where they say Lebron has been raving about him to Cavs management since the Olympics.

Although it'd be cool to see him on TV twice a week, would prefer Patty to get drafted by a team like Dallas, Atlanta etc where he has a veteran point guard to learn the reigns off before taking over. He's a big prospect, think he's being very undervalued by a lot of teams who are judging him by college numbers.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Oi duffer, what's the goss on where Tyler Hansborough will go? Easily the most complete player I saw play in the NCAA this year behind Griffin. Haven't seen any talk about him.

duffer

Lol, I think I'd rather kill myself than hate Patty like I do Mo. Hope he doesn't go there.