• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Certainly not saying he is the best after Jordan, rather the best since Jordan. He's definitely got competition there as well though.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz to disagree in 5..4..3.. :p

Wish I had fox/espn so much, sucks being limited to only watching highlights :(
Haha, well if you want to get creative there are plenty of creative ways to watch games online. If you've got too many morals for that then NBA.com streams a game free every Thursday night (Friday Oz time). Yesterday they streamed Denver-Cleveland game.

Johnners

Haha, well if you want to get creative there are plenty of creative ways to watch games online. If you've got too many morals for that then NBA.com streams a game free every Thursday night (Friday Oz time). Yesterday they streamed Denver-Cleveland game.
Yeah aware of that, I don't have enough bandwidth to be able to take advantage though :(

duffer

Massive win for the Nuggz, 3 road games in 4 days against good. Brilliant floor leadership from Chauncey tonight closed the game down towards the end along with Kmart who was a beat on the Big Ticket towards the end.

duffer

If he stays healthy he's a lock.

Also, Duncan has been absolutely brilliant for the Spurs this season. Without Ginobli and Parker he's carrying a team of scrubs and keeping Spurs in touch. He'll probably burn out by the time the home stretch comes along because of this but then hopefully for them Tony and Manu can step it up.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
If he stays healthy he's a lock.

Also, Duncan has been absolutely brilliant for the Spurs this season. Without Ginobli and Parker he's carrying a team of scrubs and keeping Spurs in touch. He'll probably burn out by the time the home stretch comes along because of this but then hopefully for them Tony and Manu can step it up.
well, duncan is arguably the greatest power forward ever in nba history...so you would expect him to carry his team, wouldn't you? yeah i also hope ginobli and parker can become healthy soon and share some of the burden, there are lots of "big three" combos now in the nba but for me, that is the most complete and most accomplished set...all three are superb at both ends of the floor and all three are undisputed leaders of their team...

Mister Wright

Bucks gave a good account of themselves against the Celtics. Took them to overtime with a massive 4th quarter, but with only one field goal in overtime, it was never going to be enough.

duffer

Bucks gave a good account of themselves against the Celtics. Took them to overtime with a massive 4th quarter, but with only one field goal in overtime, it was never going to be enough.
Bogut getting a second technical pretty much lost them that game, he was doing pretty well against KG and Perkins for a lot of that game. Was a terrible nitpicky call though, one of the times when common sense is thrown out the door when applying the lawbook.

Anil said:
well, duncan is arguably the greatest power forward ever in nba history...so you would expect him to carry his team, wouldn't you? yeah i also hope ginobli and parker can become healthy soon and share some of the burden, there are lots of "big three" combos now in the nba but for me, that is the most complete and most accomplished set...all three are superb at both ends of the floor and all three are undisputed leaders of their team...
Yeah very true, I rate him as the best I've ever seen but am expecting the slowdown to come from him some time soon. By the looks of things I might be waiting a while but I think these extra minutes and contact he's taking will take it's toll on him later this season. Has started brilliantly though.

duffer

Cavs-Pistons was a sick sick game today am starting to love the East as much as the West these days. Celtics, Cavs and Pistons are excellent, Atlanta, Toronto and the Knicks are improving, Wade looking awesome again and has Beasley and Chalmers there with him, Magic probably one piece away from being really good. It'll be very competitive in the next season or two.

Oh and I really hope Greg Oden can stay healthy from now on. He got 11 points 10 boards and 3 blocks in 17 minutes today. He'll make them a perennial contender if his knees don't go.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Cavs-Pistons was a sick sick game today am starting to love the East as much as the West these days. Celtics, Cavs and Pistons are excellent, Atlanta, Toronto and the Knicks are improving, Wade looking awesome again and has Beasley and Chalmers there with him, Magic probably one piece away from being really good. It'll be very competitive in the next season or two.

Oh and I really hope Greg Oden can stay healthy from now on. He got 11 points 10 boards and 3 blocks in 17 minutes today. He'll make them a perennial contender if his knees don't go.
yeah the east looks stronger overall compared to the west this year, in the west, except for the lakers, no other team has a settled look...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the celtics thump the pistons and the lakers blow out the suns...just shows they are still the teams to beat in their respective conferences...i don't think a.i will be a difference maker for the pistons anyway but if mcdyess comes back to them, they will definitely become serious contenders again...

duffer

New coach + new PG and they did a stretch of Lakers(A), Suns(A), Cavs, Celtics(A) and finished 2-2. Not too shabby, infact very credible considering their two losses came on away back to backs where they started very well and faded.

Not saying they'll win it all but the signs for me are good and judgement day will come in the playoffs so I'm reserving judgement till then.

Also interesting hearing Hubie talking about the Knicks salary cap moves. Jalen Rose today guaranteed they'd be gettin LeBron and Bosh in the 2010 sweepstakes but Hubie said he's spoken to Amare and was told he'd love to follow one of or both of them to NY if he could.

Knicks might suck for a year or two especially since they traded their two biggest scoring threats in Jamal and Zbo but wow they could get an incredible point guard of the future in Ricky Rubio next year and a 2010 lottery pick on top of whatever they could acquire in the 2010 off season sweepstakes. Would love to see an awesome NYC team, really is the home of basketball and deserves better than what they've gotten recently.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
New coach + new PG and they did a stretch of Lakers(A), Suns(A), Cavs, Celtics(A) and finished 2-2. Not too shabby, infact very credible considering their two losses came on away back to backs where they started very well and faded.
not saying they aren't a really good team if you take the parts, when you have a team that contains iverson, wallace, hamilton, prince and also contains maxiell, up-and-comer stuckey etc, it is a team that has a lot of talent and depth. however, this team(+billups, +mcdyess, -iverson) has not been able to break through the final hurdle in the east in the past few years and it's difficult for me to see them do it -billups, -mcdyess and + a player like iverson(a future hall of famer, tremendous scorer but does not have nearly the same presence on the defensive end and has slowed down on the offensive end)...they will get into the playoffs but at this point it's difficult to see them beat either the cavs or the celtics...of course it's still early days and a couple of injuries or a dumb trade or two on the other rosters might see them nose in front again but for me, this team is not ready to pick up a title again...and when you talk about a proud franchise like the pistons, they are about vying for titles, nothing less...