Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ***Official NBA Thread***

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    A bit early but I must say the Bulls have impressed me so far tonight against the Cavs. They must've block LeBron thrice already and I think its getting to him. They're going into the paint a lot. Hope they can nab a win here.

Hinrich out for 12 weeks.

EDIT: Rose is such a gun.
    RIP Craigos

LeBron gets going again and Bulls losing the plot.

Haha, so many 4th quarter comebacks from the Cavs last year, not surprised about this one too. They're pretty impressive so far but still don't think Mo Williams is a good fit for them. They really should've gone for Bibby last season when Sacramento traded him for peanuts.

Have to say Bulls lost this game rather than Cavs winning it. When LB got going offensively at the beginning of the fourth, the Bulls should've stuck with what they had been doing all game instead of running the ball up and taking a jump shot every time within 15 seconds of possession. The fact that they scored two points in the first six minutes of the fourth is beyond ridiculous. From there on, of course, they had lost the game despite the mini comeback.

Re: Mo Williams. I have to agree with you. Must say though that I had no clue about Bibby.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Have to say Bulls lost this game rather than Cavs winning it. When LB got going offensively at the beginning of the fourth, the Bulls should've stuck with what they had been doing all game instead of running the ball up and taking a jump shot every time within 15 seconds of possession. The fact that they scored two points in the first six minutes of the fourth is beyond ridiculous. From there on, of course, they had lost the game despite the mini comeback.

Re: Mo Williams. I have to agree with you. Must say though that I had no clue about Bibby.
    Ouch, didn't watch it myself but that sounds like an experience/leadership issue. Did Vinnie call any timeouts telling Rose and co to stay patient and not start chucking?

Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Haha Jono, if you did follow the NBA a little closer you certainly wouldn't have been putting money on the grizzlies
    marc gasol is doing a good job there so far...so memphis might not be totally pathetic this season...

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Ouch, didn't watch it myself but that sounds like an experience/leadership issue. Did Vinnie call any timeouts telling Rose and co to stay patient and not start chucking?
    Yeah he did, but when 6 minutes had passed.

Celtics were awesome tonight. That was a real statement performance from them.. Iverson played okay and they were only -1 with him on the court, but Tony Allen destroyed Rip Hamilton. Man, this guy has stepped into the Posey role brilliantly.

Also, incredible seeing how much more shared the Nuggets scoring is with Chauncey running the point. OJ Mayo went on a mad tear today though. I remember reading about how he was going to prove to everyone he should've been taken over D.Rose. Looked awesome tonight.

Celtics were awesome tonight. That was a real statement performance from them.. Iverson played okay and they were only -1 with him on the court, but Tony Allen destroyed Rip Hamilton. Man, this guy has stepped into the Posey role brilliantly.

Also, incredible seeing how much more shared the Nuggets scoring is with Chauncey running the point. OJ Mayo went on a mad tear today though. I remember reading about how he was going to prove to everyone he should've been taken over D.Rose. Looked awesome tonight.
    just one game so far, still very early days, but these introductory games encapsulate what i felt would happen with this trade...billups providing some sorely lacking experience and leadership to the nuggets and iverson not making much of an impact for the pistons...

the hawks have been a real surprise this year, even without josh smith...

Woah, hilarious "brawl" at the Suns v Rockets game. Still have no idea what Barnes and Nash were thinking.

AI had the sort of game Dumars was expecting when he went for the trade, his pace destroyed the Kings in the centre and Tayshaun ow has so much more space to run riot. Rip's form would be a worry though.

EDIT: Just realised that Artest was nowhere to be found when the fight happened. Incredible.
    Last edited by duffer; 12-11-2008 at 10:43 PM.

AI had the sort of game Dumars was expecting when he went for the trade, his pace destroyed the Kings in the centre and Tayshaun ow has so much more space to run riot. Rip's form would be a worry though.
    still remains to be seen if he can have a similar impact against an elite team, especially one which has a solid defense...i for one doubt it...

Watching the Cavs-Nuggets game as we speak. LJ is so good. I was always impressed with him but he's now making a fan out of me. Closest thing to Jordan for mine. Would love for him to get a ring.

Barnburner of a match going down in Cleveland now, Melo and Chauncey going blow for blow with LeBron. 76-76 deep in the third now.

Listening to the Bulls game on the radio, sounds like they've improved their ball movement quite a bit. Hope they nab a win here, not a big fan of watching them sit at the bottom of the table.

Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information