• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Ali TT

International Debutant
I can hand on heart say All Star weekends are getting worse every year. I don't know why I keep bothering to tune in
Agreed. I've usually preferred the Saturday night, even if dunk contests have been dull for some time, but they've messed about with the skills and 3-pointer competitions too much now too.

The whole weekend is just all the players being far too chummy with each other, the NBA administrators and the commentators- it's their moment for fun mid-season rather than a festival for the fans.

And at what point does LeBron get his captain's armband taken off him or is it his until death?

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The most important part of the All Star weekend for the players is the bonus clause it triggers in their contract

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can hand on heart say All Star weekends are getting worse every year. I don't know why I keep bothering to tune in
It's so bad. I don't want to sound like some bitter old head but the fact that they put in less effort than some random pickup game is absolutely pathetic and soft. Not having playoff level intensity is fine but atleast try as much as you would in a Rucker game ffs. There's no legitimate excuse for this imo.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I warned you all about the great Dame time fraud before the season itself. Now let's look at what he's done this season now that he has no excuses and is in a contending situation with Giannis playing as good as ever.

1. 3P% down from 37% last season to 34.1% this season. This is despite the fact that he is getting better shot opportunities and chucks up a ridiculous 8.5 threes a game. which is the 7th most in the league. Among the top 20 players who take the most threes per game, he has the single worst 3p% efficiency per game by a huge margin. He is at 34% and nobody in the list shoots worse than 36%.
  2. FG% down from 46.3% last season to 42.3%. this season He is 17th in the league in scoring and has the worst FG% efficiency of any player in the top 50 highest scorers.
  3. EFG% down from 56.4 last season to 50.6% this season. He is 17th in the league in scoring and has the worst EFG% efficiency of any player in the top 50 highest scorers.
  4. PPG down from 32.1 last season (3rd in the league) to 24.6 this season (17th in the league).
  5. PER player rating down from 26.7 last season (8th in the league) to 19.9 this season (32nd in the league)
  6. Win Shares/48 rating down from .208 last season (9th in the league) to .148 this season (40th in the league).
  7. Box Plus/Minus down from +7.2 last season (9th in the league) to +1.9 (49th in the league).

Teja.

Global Moderator
So maybe he isn't having the best of seasons but why does that make him a fraud?
I don't mean it is personally, haha. It's sports fan terminology to describe how highly he is regarded compared to how good he actually is. Similar terms are commonly used even in cricket.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Jokic :"I don’t want to leave Denver... If Luka gets pissed off in Dallas, he can come."

@Teja. brain to implode if this ever happens
Haha, tbf, the question was asked to him if he wanted to play with Luka in the future. At least he didn't enthusiastically say "Yeah, that would be amazing, I hope we can have a run together before I retire'.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't mean it is personally, haha. It's sports fan terminology to describe how highly he is regarded compared to how good he actually is. Similar terms are commonly used even in cricket.
When you look at all the hyperbole about him, I have always felt he is a tad overrated but by any measure, he was and still is a terrific offensive player and a genuine star in today's league. As far as his recent games go, one also has to make allowances for the fact that team is now being coached by Doc Rivers... :D

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Not a big fan of George Karl (and not a big fan of K-Mart either) but he is right though, Melo is significantly overrated...