• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That time he hit 6-7 fadeaway jumpers against the raptors, each one seemingly more difficult than the last. They already had a sizeable lead, he just did it to make them look stupid and kill the crowd.

Ali TT

International Debutant
You are not 'the best player' if you miss too many games.

I watched one of lebitch's games yesterday from his glory moments. Bitch was not bad at all.
Yes but no one is going to get MVP or any of the other awards if missing a fair chunk of matches anyway, unless they were absolutely stellar. It's an arbitrary criterion and creates silly incentives, like pushing players to play when not fit, and daft outcomes - like a bench player who plays 20mins a game over 65+ matches is technically eligible whereas a top tier star who is injured for 18 games but otherwise played 30+ mpg is not. Seems like some players may miss out on contract payouts as well.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes but no one is going to get MVP or any of the other awards if missing a fair chunk of matches anyway, unless they were absolutely stellar. It's an arbitrary criterion and creates silly incentives, like pushing players to play when not fit, and daft outcomes - like a bench player who plays 20mins a game over 65+ matches is technically eligible whereas a top tier star who is injured for 18 games but otherwise played 30+ mpg is not. Seems like some players may miss out on contract payouts as well.
Load management was such a pisstake though. Even if it isn’t perfect I’m glad the league is trying to do something about it

duffer

Yeah, so Joel is done for the season according to reports. I really hate seeing this but he's always been made of glass, I guess

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I heard about the knee surgery but didn't see anywhere that his season is done...? Where are you seeing it?

Ali TT

International Debutant
After watching the 6ers get stuffed on home court by the Warriors in a game where Curry scored 9, 4 weeks will be the maximum the team management will give Embiid before he has to suit up again

duffer

I don't think it's possible to get him but I'd soooo love Gallo back. Was my favourite Nugget for a few years before we traded him.