• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Special shoutout to the NuggetsTalk forum. A small, sad little space online where we've been overracting and reacting for 16 years now. The guys on there deserve this.

If only we can make it a private forum or some **** because we'r about to get bandwagonners like the plague now

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Special shoutout to the NuggetsTalk forum. A small, sad little space online where we've been overracting and reacting for 16 years now. The guys on there deserve this.

If only we can make it a private forum or some **** because we'r about to get bandwagonners like the plague now
I don’t know who you are referring to but congratulations to all our fans!!!😍

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Apparently particularly stupid Celtics netizens are trolling Butler after Miami lost to us...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The only thing I know about the Nuggets is that a year ago DCYE was 1000% convinced they couldn’t possibly amount to anything in this cycle, and that’s been enough for me to enjoy their success.
Openly very happy to be wrong on this one, do love the Nuggs and Jokic is a joy to watch play. Also nice to know you think about me in your personal time :wub:

Playoff strength of schedule numbers anyone? :ph34r:

Reflecting on it, I definitely overestimated the difference between bad defence at the 5 vs the offensive boost the player can provide with Jokic. Bad D at the 5 (I will also note that Jokic definitely isn't bad anymore, especially with AG next to him) generally kills any team but that's with league-average offence coming the other way, which Jokic is anything but. See someone like Sabonis, who is about as similar as someone can get to a freak like Jokic stylistically, but the difference between his offence and defence is much smaller, and hence good teams with perimeter scoring and shooting like the Warriors could exploit him in the 2-man game.

I also didn't really see the collapse of the switching super-team defence coming so swiftly. With the CBA changes coming I think this era of the NBA is breathing it's last breath and heading towards a much more even competition.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, we have 3 max cats and AG getting close to that. Booth did a tremendous job in trading away dead weight for win now contributors but this will be tricky to navigate. Uncle Stan is reportedly more than willing to pay tax for more hardware though, the Nuggz have been the favourite team in his portfolio for a very very long time.