• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Teja.

Global Moderator
Booker in game 6 of NBA finals v the Bucks 2021 - 19 points, 8/22 shooting (36%), 6 turnovers.

Booker in game 6 of conference SF v the Mavs 2022 - 19 points, 6/17 shooting (35%), 6 turnovers.

Booker in game 7 of conference SF v the Mavs 2022 - 11 points, 5/14 shooting (21%), 8 turnovers.

Booker in game 6 of conference SF v the Nuggets 2023 - 12 points, 4/13 shooting (31%), 3 turnovers.

Booker might be the most clutch and consistent big game player in NBA history. Usually an efficient and low TO volume shooter, he saves his absolute worst low volume trash percentage multiple TOs games for when the lights are the brightest. What a player.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Booker in game 6 of NBA finals v the Bucks 2021 - 19 points, 8/22 shooting (36%), 6 turnovers.

Booker in game 6 of conference SF v the Mavs 2022 - 19 points, 6/17 shooting (35%), 6 turnovers.

Booker in game 7 of conference SF v the Mavs 2022 - 11 points, 5/14 shooting (21%), 8 turnovers.

Booker in game 6 of conference SF v the Nuggets 2023 - 12 points, 4/13 shooting (31%), 3 turnovers.

Booker might be the most clutch and consistent big game player in NBA history. Usually an efficient and low TO volume shooter, he saves his absolute worst low volume trash percentage multiple TOs games for when the lights are the brightest. What a player.
He had to go supernova to even keep the Suns in it this series tbf

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, him and KD are getting crapped on from everywhere but they ran themselves into the ground over the first 4 games. Hard to win playoff series like that, especially against a better team

Ali TT

International Debutant

James Harden: "hold my beer..."

Teja.

Global Moderator
He did and I acknowledged that when it happened. My problem is not that he had a bad game. It's that he gives up and stops shooting once the lead hits 20 points in the biggest games and his night has started poorly even though that's the only way that his team could realistically come back. How can you be the clear lead scorer on your team for the entire season and take only 13 shots in a game when you are down 22 in the first quarter.

Luka in the elimination G5 against the warriors last year had the worst shooting night of his playoff career. He was on 6 points at 2/12 (16%) and 0/4 from 3 at half time with GSW having a 25 point lead early in the third. Luka came out and shot even more in the second half and got to the line more. He had a 22 point second half, 15 point third Q, got Dallas to within 8 points leading a 22-0 run at the end of the third quarter and it ended up a much closer game contested till the last few minutes. At the end, he got 28 points with 10/28 at awful splits of 35/23/71 for the game. I can respect that even if he went 5/28 because at least he tried to do something instead of waving the white flag against a 27 point lead in the second half.

Booker will shoot 25 times when he's torching everything but just doesn't have that in him to take responsibility as the No.1 option and continue shooting 20, 25 times when his team is down 22 and he's 1/6 in an elimination game in the first quarter. It's not even that only elite players do this. ****ing Trae Young won't go out easy either even if he becomes the main target of blame for shooting 6/22 in an elimination loss. Booker has this tendency to turn into a low volume accountability dodger in these elimination games. It's front running mentality personified.

He goes the Dhoni 2015 and 2019 WC way of not even trying when the game looks out of grasp which is notably pathetic/hilarious in a much more profound way than just being poor or not making shots and that would be true even if he would have averaged 55 at 80/50/95 splits for the rest of the series.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He did and I acknowledged that when it happened. My problem is not that he had a bad game. It's that he gives up and stops shooting once the lead hits 20 points in the biggest games and his night has started poorly even though that's the only way that his team could realistically come back. How can you be the clear lead scorer on your team for the entire season and take only 13 shots in a game when you are down 22 in the first quarter.

Luka in the elimination G5 against the warriors last year had the worst shooting night of his playoff career. He was on 6 points at 2/12 (16%) and 0/4 from 3 at half time with GSW having a 25 point lead early in the third. Luka came out and shot even more in the second half and got to the line more. He had a 22 point second half, 15 point third Q, got Dallas to within 8 points leading a 22-0 run at the end of the third quarter and it ended up a much closer game contested till the last few minutes. At the end, he got 28 points with 10/28 at awful splits of 35/23/71 for the game. I can respect that even if he went 5/28 because at least he tried to do something instead of waving the white flag against a 27 point lead in the second half.

Booker will shoot 25 times when he's torching everything but just doesn't have that in him to take responsibility as the No.1 option and continue shooting 20, 25 times when his team is down 22 and he's 1/6 in an elimination game in the first quarter. It's not even that only elite players do this. ****ing Trae Young won't go out easy either even if he becomes the main target of blame for shooting 6/22 in an elimination loss. Booker has this tendency to turn into a low volume accountability dodger in these elimination games. It's front running mentality personified.

He goes the Dhoni 2015 and 2019 WC way of not even trying when the game looks out of grasp which is notably pathetic/hilarious in a much more profound way than just being poor or not making shots and that would be true even if he would have averaged 55 at 80/50/95 splits for the rest of the series.
I largely disagree with this but I gave you a like because of the paragraph trashing Dhoni.

Ali TT

International Debutant

Basketball history is littered with stone cold greats who flopped in the playoffs, going anonymous at key moments. Ewing and Malone suffered with that repetition in the 90s, even Hakeem and Robinson before they finally won a title. Is it psychological? Possibly, although the 7-game series can expose even the tiniest technical flaw in the best players. Coaching might be the biggest factor though - after all 20 of the last 32 titles have been won by just 3 coaches (Jackson, Pop and a guy who played under both, Steve Kerr), 25 of the last 41 if you go further back and include Riley. Getting in with one of those guys probably helped a lot.

I have sympathy for players who never quite make it to a title in the NBA. I'd put the NBA playoffs as one of the most grueling, intense sporting competitions in the world.

social

Lakers very impressive! We are in for a tough battle!
Told you guys that you would beat the Suns and that the Lakers are good & few believed me

Healthy, locked in AD is a rare sight but better than Embiid IMO

I give the edge to the Nuggets due to Jokic but only just

social

Will be interesting to see where GSW goes from here as Green & Klay should both be on the block

Probably up to Steph