• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Play-in/Playoff First-round cannon fodder.
with the current team composition, i doubt they will progress into the playoffs via the play-in...even james is sounding dispirited now...but the $44 million albatross around their collective necks was mostly his doing so he has only himself to blame...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Harden and Simmons swapped, and somehow the Celtics ship a first rounder for the second year in a row

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know porzingis hasnt quite lived up to his early hype, but this seems like a weird trade because he's been playing well. Pretty poor return too.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Harden and Simmons swapped, and somehow the Celtics ship a first rounder for the second year in a row
i don't think this will help the nets until durant comes back but if he and irving stay healthy, simmons can run their offense, doesn't need to score much and will be a huge asset on defense...but if irving cannot be with the team for half the season especially in the playoffs, i don't think this is going to work...maybe nash, the wonderful shooter that he was can teach simmons to score...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Nets better

Sixers worse

Russ has no value

Bucks favourite
whether nets or sixers are better remains to be seen, there are obvious open questions and unknowns about this trade for both teams...

- is harden going to play at an elite level while also deferring to embiid? he can if he wants to but he has been inconsistent at best of late and the question is whether he can put it all together and play consistently like the sixers need him to? if he does, the sixers will come out of this the winner at least in the near-term.
- if irving is absent half the time, i don't see a way for the nets to win the championship this year...

that russ has no value is something that has been obvious to even casual observers of the game for some time now, the only people who seemingly didn't/don't get it is pelinka and james and obviously westbrook himself...

the bucks are one of the contenders but they are definitely not the best team in the nba right now, forget being clear favorites for the ring...

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
whether nets or sixers are better remains to be seen, there are obvious open questions and unknowns about this trade for both teams...

- is harden going to play at an elite level while also deferring to embiid? he can if he wants to but he has been inconsistent at best of late and the question is whether he can put it all together and play consistently like the sixers need him to? if he does, the sixers will come out of this the winner at least in the near-term.
- if irving is absent half the time, i don't see a way for the nets to win the championship this year...

that russ has no value is something that has been obvious to even casual observers of the game for some time now, the only people who seemingly didn't/don't get it is pelinka and james and obviously westbrook himself...

the bucks are one of the contenders but they are definitely not the best team in the nba right now, forget being clear favorites for the ring...
The Sixers got slaughtered today as they lack size, athleticism, shooting & defence

They literally traded virtually all that away to the Nets in one hit as they were between a rock & a hard place with Simmons & because of Morey’s infatuation with Harden

Celtics are much improved

Suns are obviously very good but Bucks definitely favourites for mine as they’re defensive monsters & huge

Wildcard is the Brooklyn circus as it’s actually a really well balanced squad now

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
The Sixers got slaughtered today as they lack size, athleticism, shooting & defence

They literally traded virtually all that away to the Nets in one hit as they were between a rock & a hard place with Simmons & because of Morey’s infatuation with Harden
Whatever they lost with Curry (shooting), they will more than get back once Harden starts playing...and the size, athleticism and defence that Simmons brings...well you can't all of the sudden lose what you never had for the entire season. The Sixers are better than they were before, doesn't mean they will win a ring but they are better.

Wildcard is the Brooklyn circus as it’s actually a really well balanced squad now
If Irving can play full-time, they become a really strong team. Otherwise there are more cohesive and deep teams like the Suns, the Bucks, the Heat, the Warriors etc who can/will beat them in a 7 game series.