• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
None of the teams that want him have a perennial All-Star, which is what Philly want in return. This saga has legs...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
he is an idiot...what does he gain by sitting out? i guess if he is after ever diminishing trade value, he has exactly the right strategy...
Of course he wants diminishing trade value. The team he goes to is better for not having to give up as much and the longer it goes on the longer the more the Sixers have to lose. I'm no fan of his as a player but if he wants a move this is exactly the right strategy for him. You don't want to gut the team you go to like Carmelo did.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
ok got it but how do we know if that's why he is doing it? based on the reports it sounds more like his ego was hurt and he is pouting, more than a deliberate decision to get traded for less value? and what if the sixers refuse to budge and on top of it, withhold his salary, hit him with sanctions/fines...wouldn't he lose, like a lot? why do you feel the sixers just don't have a choice here?

duffer

No good team wants him. Unless that changes all of a sudden he's walking into a losing situation.

Philly's big problem here is that keeping him makes everything toxic but trading him without satisfactory returns will piss off their MVP candidate and their fanbase.

duffer

Lol, just saw an article saying Denver are a 'sleeper team' in the Simmons sweepstakes.

Oh, god.....

duffer

I saw one on Hardwood Houdini describing 'Marcus Smart as a 'key piece' in a Ben Simmons trade. :cry:
For us, it only really works out salary wise if we're trading Murray if it's a 2 teamer. On a 3 teamer I could see us maybe shifting Gordon and others to make way for Simmons which would probably piss AG off after we tied him down to a long term deal. Unless he lands on another top team, I guess.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
hey the lakers are picking up every overpriced, overrated or over-the-hill player in the market for this season, maybe they can trade all their remaining players in their 20s and bring in simmons...

social

For us, it only really works out salary wise if we're trading Murray if it's a 2 teamer. On a 3 teamer I could see us maybe shifting Gordon and others to make way for Simmons which would probably piss AG off after we tied him down to a long term deal. Unless he lands on another top team, I guess.
can’t be traded for 6 months

social

hey the lakers are picking up every overpriced, overrated or over-the-hill player in the market for this season, maybe they can trade all their remaining players in their 20s and bring in simmons...
Simmons is seriously underrated right now

duffer

Nuggets really only have Murray for salary matching

Won’t happen unless he’s truly crocked
If they get more teams involved we have coveted pieces but Morey needs to get an All Star level player to avoid a mutiny. I think this gets even nastier pretty soon.

social

If they get more teams involved we have coveted pieces but Morey needs to get an All Star level player to avoid a mutiny. I think this gets even nastier pretty soon.
Sixers have really fkd this up

Obviously a lot of **** has gone down behind closed doors

duffer

Sixers have really fkd this up

Obviously a lot of **** has gone down behind closed doors
What's the market for him right now? Playoff teams can't trust him with the ball at the pointy end of games/the season, so it crosses them off. Tanking teams won't want to give up any young assets they have for him, which leaves teams that don't fall into either of those categories and that list is miniscule.

social

What's the market for him right now? Playoff teams can't trust him with the ball at the pointy end of games/the season, so it crosses them off. Tanking teams won't want to give up any young assets they have for him, which leaves teams that don't fall into either of those categories and that list is miniscule.
Demand won’t be the issue, price will be

Simmons has a really low usage rate so that part of it is overblown

He’s basically a much better version of Draymond even if he never realises his potential so GSW themselves would be better

He would make the Jazz much better in the playoffs as would Blazers etc

Definitely tanking teams should be out as he’s going to win them games

Biggest issue is situation in Philly as nobody is going to overpay for a guy sitting out