• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah that's as much of a wash as a trade can get...given his discontent, i guess houston had to trade him though...do you think a harden trade will happen this season? maybe to the sixers for simmons and change?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So Windhorst is saying the Harden sweepstakes final three are the Nets, 76ers and Nuggz.

I mean, I think the guy is unfairly **** on but I don't see the fit for him here. I love the style of play we have and the culture we've developed and he is the absolute antithesis of it.

Not sure the standard of the Denver night-life will be up to stuff for him either.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So Windhorst is saying the Harden sweepstakes final three are the Nets, 76ers and Nuggz.

I mean, I think the guy is unfairly **** on but I don't see the fit for him here. I love the style of play we have and the culture we've developed and he is the absolute antithesis of it.

Not sure the standard of the Denver night-life will be up to stuff for him either.
i sincerely hope he doesn't come here...that would probably mean we lose murray, would hugely prefer him to a prima donna like harden...

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Some other talking head (can't remember who) said impeccable sauces told him Toronto and Boston are the front runners for Harden. Siakam and Jaylen Brown supposedly the trade chips on offer.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
he would be a really bad fit for both teams...what are they thinking?!
Harden is a bad fit for pretty much every team. Whoever ends up trading for him (IMO, Philly) will need to completely change the way they set up and play. If he goes to Brooklyn it's gonna be a hell of a lot of "your turn, my turn" going on. Could still work well enough to win it all with those three, though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Harden is a bad fit for pretty much every team. Whoever ends up trading for him (IMO, Philly) will need to completely change the way they set up and play. If he goes to Brooklyn it's gonna be a hell of a lot of "your turn, my turn" going on. Could still work well enough to win it all with those three, though.
if he goes to the nets, is there a trade scenario where houston doesn't get irving?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There's no way they'd trade either of Irving or Durant.

All this talk about Siakam and Jaylen Brown etc is bull**** afaic, perpetuated by agents and front office people to try to drive up the price. There's only two places he's likely to end up IMO, Brooklyn (for a Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen + as many picks as they want kinda package) or Philly (with a Simmons package) which is why I think he'll go to Philly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
There's no way they'd trade either of Irving or Durant.

All this talk about Siakam and Jaylen Brown etc is bull**** afaic, perpetuated by agents and front office people to try to drive up the price. There's only two places he's likely to end up IMO, Brooklyn (for a Dinwiddie, LeVert, Allen + as many picks as they want kinda package) or Philly (with a Simmons package) which is why I think he'll go to Philly.
having some difficulty seeing houston accepting dinwiddie, levert and allen + picks for harden...so yeah a simmons + change <--> harden swap sounds more possible...and you are right, if harden ends up alongside durant and irving, the sheer talent alone may make up for any lack of depth while chasing a ring...

duffer

So a Nuggets insider seems to think Harden has 5 suitors right now but Houston has no leverage so they are all lowballing them big time.

Literally everyone is taking the piss out of Houston right now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
So a Nuggets insider seems to think Harden has 5 suitors right now but Houston has no leverage so they are all lowballing them big time.

Literally everyone is taking the piss out of Houston right now.
one article said they are considering michael porter jr + miscellaneous for harden...?!

duffer

one article said they are considering michael porter jr + miscellaneous for harden...?!
Yeah, Murray is off the table. Would be a riot if Houston is that desperate, although I still don't want him in Denver.