• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Crushing news. I hated Kobe as a player and he definitely had a checkered past but no man should go like that, and his daughter + her friend as well is just sickening.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i was such a big fan of bryant as a player, truly one of the greatest players of all time...not so much as a person but from all accounts he seems to have been a great father to his kids...it is devastating news for the family of course but also for the nba and basketball fans all over the world...

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh god.

What a player. Loved to hate him when he played but post retirement I'd warmed to him greatly. Lot like Ponting in that regard for me,especially because of how much I loved his analytical side in Detail. Devastating news. :(

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I cried when I heard the news. He was the scourge of many franchises, ours particularly but you always had to respect his greatness.

Rip bro, the last real alpha dog.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah i was shocked and sad when i first heard but didn't think i would feel this emotional, i was out buying groceries yesterday a little later when it really hit me, cried a lot yesterday especially when watching the interviews with doc rivers, jerry west etc...and it really tore at me that his daughter died with him...

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Kobe's death to claim that Gordon Hayward went easy on Kobe so that he could score 60 points in his final game. Really cynical cheap shot which Hayward shot down.
It uh really wasn't told like that, at least initially. The first person to talk about it was Mike Tirico (who announced the game) who told a story about when Kobe was shooting the free throws that took him to 60 that Hayward stepped into the paint early and looked at the ref. Tirico said that he thought it was deliberate (I watched it back and I could definitely see why he would think that) and a sign of respect from Hayward. Someone may have run with it like a dumbass but that wasn't really the spirit of the story.

duffer

Anybody watch the Jazz-Nuggets game? Oh my, Jokic is a demon in the clutch.

Full strength or short handed he puts his team on his back at the pointy end of games. So loving this season so far.

duffer

The Lakeshow are sick to watch but fmd interacting with their fanbase online is painful. I truly hate them again.